Staples's 'Kashmir' Managers Chair

Soldato
Nice one with the side by side piccy! I am doubly reassured now that it's as near as you could imagine to being the same chair.

Such a relief. When my wife told me that it was discontinued at Staples I was extremely disappointed!

Man of Honour
Nice one with the side by side piccy! I am doubly reassured now that it's as near as you could imagine to being the same chair.

Such a relief. When my wife told me that it was discontinued at Staples I was extremely disappointed!

its very close, but on closer inspection i think the Staples chair was better, the sides of the back rest for example..
on the Kashmir they were made of 2 sections either side with a deep seem between them, on this they are just one section either side with a line of stitching running across,
il upload a pic tomorrow that clearly explains what i mean, but you may well see it yourself from the side by side pic

Last edited:
Man of Honour
its very close, but on closer inspection i think the Staples chair was better, the sides of the back rest for example..
on the Kashmir they were made of 2 sections either side with a deep seem between them, on this they are just one section either side with a line of stitching running across,
il upload a pic tomorrow that clearly explains what i mean, but you may well see it yourself from the side by side pic

@bazzabear here's the original
o20UeEQ.jpg

the back rest on this new microfibre one is quite plane in comparison, the old kashmir one looks more cosy

Sg7HtLs.png

Last edited:
Associate
Received mine yesterday complete with two right hand arms! Supposedly sending a correct arm but the customer services guy didn't seem the sharpest!

This is expensed through work and whilst it looks comfy the manufacturing quality and finish isn't great - I certainly wouldn't be happy if I had paid the full price out of my own pocket for it!

Soldato
Having had the Office World equivalent for a good few months now, I'm sad to report that while it's OK, it's not a patch on the Kashmir.

I’ve been meaning to update this.

After 6 months the cushioning really seems to be thinning and this means that the natural position when sat with your lower back pushed against the bottom of the back of the chair is far too relaxed for FPS gaming I find.

I bought the 3 year replacement thing for a few quid when I got it but seeming as they’re closing down I doubt they’ll honour it :(

Soldato
My gas lift went faulty years ago, just assumed I was damaging the chair as I weigh more than the chair supports so never got it fixed. Might measure it up tonight and order a new one.

Associate
I ordered a replacement gas strut of amazon (pretty sure it was this one). It extends a little longer than the original, and has a higher weight rating. Been great so far.

It can be a bit of a pain to remove the old one though. Normally need a hammer/mallet & a pipe wrench (the guide videos make it look easy, as there's never been any weight squashing it all together!)

I can't remember how long I've had my chair for now, but it's definitely been a good few years! Only had a couple of issues myself:
1. the front of the cushion has a metal bar along the width (presumably to help keep the shape), but this broke out of one end, so I kept catching my leg on it. I've since removed it & don't have any issues with it.
2. The arms are a fixed height. I think my next chair will have to have height adjustable arms. To have my chair at the height I want it, the arms hit the front of the desk (I have a corner desk) so I can't then sit as close as I would like.

Soldato
Gas lift replacement is a massive PITA, I've got ax X10 that needs it but it's nigh on impossible to get the original gas lift out of the bottom of the chair.

Back
Top Bottom