Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
9P5d.jpg

Hopefully I don't meet an untimely end with a Bus.

Please record yourself learning to use it. For science, ofc.

Soldato
Please record yourself learning to use it. For science, ofc.

I don't think the internet needs more videos of idiots getting hurt! Or does it...

I've actually had a fair few goes on my friends so I'm not a complete novice but I expect I'll suffer from overconfidence soon enough. I feel a Martin Brundle quote will sum up my learning experience. "First he ran out of grip, then out of road and then out of talent"

Soldato
Curious why?

To wirelessly monitor his blood pressure.

This really.

I'm on a 'health and getting back into shape' kick recently. I have their sleep matt and Body+ scales. I like their hardware and how well their software works together, everything in one dashboard. I don't really go to the doctors, so wouldn't be checked by them (I don't think I've had my blood pressure checked in maybe 9 years). I thought for only £62 it wasn't a bad idea to be able to check myself. That and I went halves with my brother who does have blood pressure issues. I think it will be really useful for him to be able to check himself.

You think I shouldn't have?

Soldato
New chair. Ikea Markus has done me well but wanted an upgrade. Only sat in it for 20 minutes last night but it's very comfy so far.

qscURv5.jpg

I've always found it odd how these chairs feature the supplementary cushion on top. Are the designers essentially admitting they couldn't produce a chair that was comfortable enough without it?

It's not as though a cushion is a substitute for proper ergonomic design, it's going to compress and shift about.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Another Markus. These gaming chairs are gimmicks, I've had one and some of my mates have them and they all fail somehow. For the price you're paying, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. You can get almost 5 Markus for the price of one "gaming chair", if a Markus lasts you 2 years that's 10 years of comfy sitting for the price of one of these gimmicky things, which almost certainly won't even last half of 10 years.

I was sceptical with the Noblechairs Hero after owning the Staples Kashmir for like 6-7 years. But I must say, it's a really good bit of kit and I have no worries of it breaking, it's a quality bit of kit. When I compare it to some of the £3-400 chairs we buy at work, it knocks them out the park.

Edit: From the post above, I find it stupidly uncomfortable to use that top cushion, maybe I'm doing something wrong :D

Soldato
I've always found it odd how these chairs feature the supplementary cushion on top. Are the designers essentially admitting they couldn't produce a chair that was comfortable enough without it?

It's not as though a cushion is a substitute for proper ergonomic design, it's going to compress and shift about.

Kinda answered your own question, the only time I have my head actively on the back is when im sitting back thinking of something. As far as I coudl tell its a duel memory foam at the top. Seems to be a lot of hate for these chairs and not sure why.
Have those posted even sat in one?

Soldato
Another Markus. These gaming chairs are gimmicks, I've had one and some of my mates have them and they all fail somehow. For the price you're paying, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. You can get almost 5 Markus for the price of one "gaming chair", if a Markus lasts you 2 years that's 10 years of comfy sitting for the price of one of these gimmicky things, which almost certainly won't even last half of 10 years.

I wouldn't call them a gimmick. I bought mine second hand (but unused), but even looking at new prices, the £180 Markus, you couldn't buy two of them for one of mine. So the "almost 5" is a but out there. I can't speak for how long the Noble is going to last but it reviews very well and I find it a lot more comfortable already. Of course a gaming chair isn't for everyone, but there's no need to slam them IMHO, this feels very well made and I have no doubts about it lasting well.

I must confess I am a fan of the Markus. A good/expensive office chair might be a reasonable replacement for one, but for my money I would not buy one of the gaming chairs.

I've had this Markus now for years and years, it's been with me from before I bought my first house in 2013, so it's at least 6-7 years old, probably more like 8-9.

I dare say I've had mine 6-7 years now, and it's still in brilliant condition, definitely fantastic value for money! My wife now has it still still get a few more years use out of it yet :)

My Markus is at least 5 years old too, remember getting it home in my Yaris!

I think I had a big old Saab at the time, which was a good job as I bought the big Ikea desk at the same time :D

I don't think that's the case at all, it's an option you can put on there if you wish. I struggle with my neck and shoulders and the cushion is a very welcome addition. The Markus let me down in that aspect as the head rest was too far back to comfortably rest my head on it.

End of the day, a chair is always going to be massively down to personal preference. Admittedly the 'gaming chairs' are very expensive for what they are, I don't think I would have paid full price for one, but the price I got it for I am very happy and very pleased with it.

Soldato
This really.

I'm on a 'health and getting back into shape' kick recently. I have their sleep matt and Body+ scales. I like their hardware and how well their software works together, everything in one dashboard. I don't really go to the doctors, so wouldn't be checked by them (I don't think I've had my blood pressure checked in maybe 9 years). I thought for only £62 it wasn't a bad idea to be able to check myself. That and I went halves with my brother who does have blood pressure issues. I think it will be really useful for him to be able to check himself.

You think I shouldn't have?
I suggest going to your GP and checking against their professional machines as misleading BP results will do you no favours.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I suggest going to your GP and checking against their professional machines as misleading BP results will do you no favours.
I second this.
These may be fine, but I’ve had a few home BP machines over the years and several were not accurate compared to a calibrated one at my surgery. Most are fine to monitor to see if your BP fluctuates, but be careful of using them for specific readings for high/low BP problems.
I ended up getting one of the Omron machines, which I found is exactly what the surgery uses. When we tested mine it was virtually spot on.

Soldato

These are 'clinically validated' and 'medically accurate'. For me it would be if I saw something that concerned me, I would go and then see my doctor. If this shows all is well, why would I take their time up? I don't see it being that different to bathroom scales that give me a body fat % or a personal heart rate monitor. I wouldn't expect them to be spot on accurate to the best way of measuring out there, but they will still give you a pretty good idea of what it is.

Soldato
I’ve not got a photo (it’s a pretty boring purchase anyway...) but I’ve finally got a portable air conditioner. Igenix IG9901.

I let it run for an hour earlier at 16c and my bedroom is lovely and chilly ! Only one slight complaint, some may find it a tad noisy. I’m not bothered as the white noise helps me sleep.

Associate
I’ve not got a photo (it’s a pretty boring purchase anyway...) but I’ve finally got a portable air conditioner. Igenix IG9901.

I let it run for an hour earlier at 16c and my bedroom is lovely and chilly ! Only one slight complaint, some may find it a tad noisy. I’m not bothered as the white noise helps me sleep.

I used to run a 14000btu portable unit, they're great for quick chilling. If you ever decide to sell I do have a top tip, a particular group of people love them to cool their grow houses and you'll get a good and quick cash only resale value on facebook.

Edit: don't let them park, they can't and we lost our lovely flowerbed to a bmw 1 series.

Soldato
HRugWRA.jpg

Tried a pair of LS50w, but preferred the passives. However, my old pair sold as well as the amp before I had expected to (put them overpriced on eBay and intended to lower the price when I wanted them gone, but then they got sold anyway!). So, I took the opportunity to upgrade my old D3020v2 to a D 3045.

I really love the Bluetooth transmit feature of the D 3045. It always bothered me how on the D3020v2 how you could only use it to receive Bluetooh playback for the speakers, but couldn't transmit from a source to another device. Now you can!

Soldato
Tried a pair of LS50w, but preferred the passives. However, my old pair sold as well as the amp before I had expected to (put them overpriced on eBay and intended to lower the price when I wanted them gone, but then they got sold anyway!). So, I took the opportunity to upgrade my old D3020v2 to a D 3045.

I really love the Bluetooth transmit feature of the D 3045. It always bothered me how on the D3020v2 how you could only use it to receive Bluetooh playback for the speakers, but couldn't transmit from a source to another device. Now you can!

I absolutely love the look of the LS50s, though personally my favourite colour is the white and copper, which is only available in the wireless version - I don't think my girlfriend would speak to me if I spent that much on speakers!!!

Caporegime
HRugWRA.jpg

Anyone else really wanna play Portal now?

Back
Top Bottom