Pump for ITX & Silent

Soldato
Looking for some advice on the best pump to buy for an NZXT H200i case, I have a EK-DCP 4.0 (The square one from years ago) but it's not really as silent as I would like anymore, it's not audible with headphones on but without there's a loud enough hum. I've had it around 4-5 years now (probably longer), so is probably overdue to be replaced.

So the ask, something small that can handle a full ITX loop and is fairly silent, I've not had much time with the H200i, but I don't think there's much room to tuck it away underneath with the PSU so might need to be a combo setup with a res?

Soldato
Typically D5 and DDC are considered the best pumps, with D5 being quieter and DDC being considerably smaller.

With a sensible pump top the D5 can be quite compact, think half a tin of beans. If you want it to look good too, the Monsoon MMRS system is quite nice as it encloses the entire pump body.

Man of Honour
ddc is nice and compact...but boy is it noisy at full pelt. definitely want the pwm version if you go down the ddc route.

Soldato
If you can fit a D5 then get a D5 as they run silently at around 18-1900rpm which is plenty enough to give decent enough flow. Talking 1-2c if that between that and full speed.

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £136.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)
My bet is that being a drive bay doesn't help as it transmits vibrations straight into the case with little option for damping. And there's little reservoir there either so I can see how that could also cause cavitation noise. I have two of these in two rigs. The sit on the base of the case on foam pads and sprung screws. They have XSPC reservoirs and are genuinely silent.

Soldato
Alphacool DC-LT all the way. Not the 3600 version as it's noisy, but the new 2600 version. I've seen a couple of those puppers run loops with triple 360 radiators and Koolance quick disconnects with no issue. So an "ITX loop" should be no issue whatsoever.

With the stock acrylic top it's about 75% the size of a DDC; 50mm square surface and about 34mm thick.

Soldato
Looking for some advice on the best pump to buy for an NZXT H200i case, I have a EK-DCP 4.0 (The square one from years ago) but it's not really as silent as I would like anymore, it's not audible with headphones on but without there's a loud enough hum. I've had it around 4-5 years now (probably longer), so is probably overdue to be replaced.

So the ask, something small that can handle a full ITX loop and is fairly silent, I've not had much time with the H200i, but I don't think there's much room to tuck it away underneath with the PSU so might need to be a combo setup with a res?

DDC reservoir combo with clip mounts are the best option imo. It's what I used for my old build here.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31820139/

Don't worry about noise, pump is strong enough once you bleed the entire system, it was on 20% all the time.

Soldato
Agree with above. Use DDC and D5 pump (got both with my various builds), no issue with a DDC at around 40 or so % once bled pushing water around my itx rig (2 radiators, 90 degree fittings and parallel cpu and gpu loop). DDC is very quiet at that level.

Back
Top Bottom