Salary question

Caporegime
My first ever annual forecast (I know right? I'm so excited!)

I'm adding up loads of costs, all ex. VAT.

I've got salary figures for my team, I need to add them to the list, but is this generally with or without VAT?

Caporegime
OP
No VAT on salaries.

It's "value added tax". If they're anything like you, there's no value added :D

Hurrr hurrrr, cheers fella, I'm slowly getting the hang of this manager rubbish, I can't be doing too badly, I'm starting on my boss' personal portfolio next week too, starting off with his mum's £1.9m flat, his £9m country house and his £11m London pad. I might have to fly to Boston in his personal jet in the next few weeks too to carry out some audits on our Boston offices.

It's a hard life this :(

Soldato
From a finance person - if you're doing forecast figures for future years please do not forget to include incremental pay rises for your team!

Soldato
On a more serious note: you should check whether benefits-in-kind for the employees should be included in your figures (pensions, life insurance, BUPA, company cars etc). Those can make a big difference to budgets.

Caporegime
OP
From a finance person - if you're doing forecast figures for future years please do not forget to include incremental pay rises for your team!

Yep, included. Cheers :)

On a more serious note: you should check whether benefits-in-kind for the employees should be included in your figures (pensions, life insurance, BUPA, company cars etc). Those can make a big difference to budgets.

Aha! This is a good point, I'll go speak to the hot chick at payroll and see what she says.

Caporegime
OP
What job do you do where you're in charge of annual forecasts but you don't know if salaries are VATable?

Also, salary != cost.

Building manager, but not as you know it Jim!

I manage everything. It's weird, working for a very demanding billionaire means my job has no beginning and no end, I just do it all.

Caporegime
OP
sounds more like a glamorized PA job.

His PA drives me nuts. She literally rang me up last night (ooooh errr missus) and said "need your forecast by COB tomoz. Oh btw you're now also looking after ALL THE OTHER STUFF LOLOLOL".

She's ace, don't get me wrong, I just wish I had a bit more time.

I'm sure he'll take revenge at some point ;) Gotta keep this forum alive with decent jokes if we can.

They hurt best when you least expect it. I'm fairly thick skinned though, even Psycho Sonny couldn't get under my skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Building manager, but not as you know it Jim!

I manage everything. It's weird, working for a very demanding billionaire means my job has no beginning and no end, I just do it all.
A busy body then ;). But seriously, PA roles can be very demanding plus you need the patience of a saint.

Back
Top Bottom