Terminator: Dark Fate

Soldato
I honestly don't know what to say.

Half feel like going out into the back garden lighting a bonfire and throwing my very expensive Terminator collection on to it.

Just because the later sequels are rubbish, it doesn't mean the first two aren't still good films. It's the Hollywood way to keep making the cash-ins until they are crap enough that it kills off the franchise. You've just got to remember that the reason they want to keep making sequels or reboots, is because the first one or two were so good. Later, crappy versions doesn't take away from that, so you might as well enjoy the good ones and ignore the crap ones.

Soldato
To be honest the leak reads like a comment on Reddit. To me it looks like after the events of T2 John Conner removes himself as being the prime target is all, but like his mom is ready for any other potential threats but stays underground.

Associate
Avatar is mediocre and then goes down hill, Terminator 2 (innovative visuals aside) is good to mediocre, Aliens is possibly in my top 5 greatest sequals of all time, maybe near number 1.
The Terminator is one of the best films of it's era and even in the same genre that era was very productive.

Going back to an old post but I agree, I loved T2 growing up but it's lost a lot of it's impact and the original is a far better movie. I also consider Aliens a classic, I knew it pretty much word for word in my teens and it hasn't aged a day.

Associate
This is the kid doing the part for him in his younger years.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9894886/?ref_=tt_cl_t14

Be weird if Furlong did make an actual appearance, last i heard he looked rough as a Badgers arse and had piled on a load of weight.
39942F3600000578-3860752-image-a-60_1477111687808.jpg

Soldato
Interesting about Furlong.

You have to credit the original actor if you want to use their likeness, but that's just a technicality - saying he's going to be in it does sound like it'll be the actual actor, and not just old footage either.

Outside of just the movie, it's always sad when child actors get ****** up. I tend to feel something like guilt for having... I dunno.... stolen/absorbed their childhood by consuming these movies, so being complicit in their downward spiral. Hope Furlong can get his **** together and find some equilibrium.

Soldato
I never made it to the end of T3 and tuned it off about a third of the way in. Never seen Salvation or Genesys. Knowing Cameron was fully on-board this time I thought in this new era of AI he must now have something new to say about how humanity and machines interact. But seeing the trailer it's clear this is just a derivative rehash of T2 with nothing new to say at all.

I know now why you cry. But it is something I, can never do.

Soldato
Never had a problem with T3. The crane scene is a favourite of mine.

Salvation and Genesys were really bad though. Only thing I remember liking from both films was the almost "for the 4th wall" comment on how short Emilia Clarke is.

Back
Top Bottom