Kevin Prison Evader

Man of Honour
Which show was that?

*Ignores Angillions ongoing obsession with identity politics*

Of course you do, since you have no counter-argument and you strongly approve of irrational prejudice and discrimination. That's what identity politics is - it's the sadly age-old belief that "they're all the same". "They're all the same" and "they all have the same identity" mean the same thing, obviously. The rest of the irrational prejudice rests on that belief and the discrimination is simply the application of the prejudices. It dovetails with authoritarianism, of course, as it always has. To some followers the identity politics is a tool to enable the authoritarianism for their own benefit and for others the authoritarianism is a tool to enable them to impose the identity politics and for others (probably most) it's a mixture of both. But whichever a follower of the ideology puts first, they go together.

Caporegime
My counter argument is comparing literal witch hunts from 300 years ago in small villages, with men from all over the World coming out and stating that Kevin Spacey is a creepy guy, is nothing like the same thing.

Soldato
My counter argument is comparing literal witch hunts from 300 years ago in small villages, with men from all over the World coming out and stating that Kevin Spacey is a creepy guy, is nothing like the same thing.

Clearly you think that all those witches were therefore guilty and it was just and fair for the mob to condemn them to death!!!!#

Thankfully we have come a long way since then although mob rule is coming back as a political tool.

Man of Honour

My counter to that is that it's exactly the same thing, with the only difference being the improvements in technology for travel and communications that enable a larger scale in terms of geography.

But it remains that you have not even attempted a counter-argument to the criticisms of identity politics, for the reasons I stated above. You made a good attempt at a diversion, though. I was fooled into following it, hence the need for me to edit my post a couple of minutes later to add this part.

Caporegime
Mate, I couldn't give a ****. Feel free to waffle on about it ad naseum in every thread and if you want to go away feeling you've won an argument in an internet forum, knock yourself out.

You bought it up again, I'm not going to waste my evening debating something in which I have no interest. Its the equivalent of me going in to a football thread (again, no interest) and arguing with someone there

You're clearly an intelligent guy, but the majority of your posts are just the same stuff over and over.

Man of Honour
Mate, I couldn't give a ****. Feel free to waffle on about it ad naseum in every thread and if you want to go away feeling you've won an argument in an internet forum, knock yourself out.

You bought it up again, I'm not going to waste my evening debating something in which I have no interest. Its the equivalent of me going in to a football thread (again, no interest) and arguing with someone there

You're clearly an intelligent guy, but the majority of your posts are just the same stuff over and over.

I keep having to reply to the same stuff over and over. You're obviously far more interested in identity politics than you claim to be, since you're publically a supporter of it.

And you don't have a counter-argument. You have diversion and dismissal, but no counter-argument.

Back
Top Bottom