Skoda Yeti good buy today?

Soldato
Looking at automatic 1.2tsi SE Yeti for between £10600 to £11500 ish that have done less than 25k at Skoda dealership. Late 2016 with 2 years warrenty, AA and mot. One owner.

Is the Yeti a good buy today or am I better off with an approved early 2018 Golf tsi 1.4tsi S for £12300 with warrenty until 21 with option to pay to extend to 2023. VW company car stock.

Caporegime
Bought a similarly aged 1.2TSi Yeti SE Outdoor in June for the wife, its a 65 plate with just shy of 30,000 miles.

I love the thing, comfortable, quiet, enough spec for the wife. I paid the (i think it was) £65 to have CarPlay and Android Auto enabled, and am paying ~£30 a month for the full Skoda extended warranty.

Soldato
OP
Bought a similarly aged 1.2TSi Yeti SE Outdoor in June for the wife, its a 65 plate with just shy of 30,000 miles.

I love the thing, comfortable, quiet, enough spec for the wife. I paid the (i think it was) £65 to have CarPlay and Android Auto enabled, and am paying ~£30 a month for the full Skoda extended warranty.

Similar price ?

Soldato
OP
Can't help on whether they're good or not but your choices seem a bit weird, why choose between a yeti and a golf? They're in two different markets.

Not really... both are the same size in reality, but one is on stilts. Golf is newer tech though! One cannot compare a Golf with an Astra, or a Yeti with a CRV... those are different markets.

Associate
Haven't had a Yeti (we looked at one but the boot was far too small, certainly quite a bit smaller than the boot in a golf)), but given its a Skoda its likely to be dull but reliable (certainly my experience).

Soldato
The Yeti is a bit devisive IMO, when we looked at one (for the Mrs) it was too van like, and that extended to the interior which is rather drab, however it's practical and does have quite an appeal to many people, so I wouldn't dismiss it.

FWIW, we settled on a mini countryman, more character inside and outside, drives a bit more spiritedly and the Mrs was really delighted with it.

Soldato
and the Mrs was really delighted with it.

I think this is the main part that is overlooked, I try to do the sensible thing and look at all the pro's/con's etc. and make an informed decision whereas my wife is just "Ooooh it has a nice looking indicator stalk I love it"

Back
Top Bottom