**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Associate
Some great deals on the Mate 20 pro at the moment, went for the Emerald green 10gb deal that's on O2 for £50 upfront and £24 per month Tc £35 and baged the official smart case of Amazon for £6. Any settings needed to get the most out of this phone?

Soldato
Hello my system has updated to 9.1.0.300.

Has anyone had any problems with the screen since this update. Mine works really well then at certain times just died not respond to presses. When I press the standby off and on and go back to the lock screen everything is OK again. Any ideas I am thinking it is software but it has gapped in various apps.

Best things on the phone are the camera and magazine unlock. A new personal picture on every unlock!

Just got myself the Mate 20 X, wow its nice, i was worried it migt be too big but its very comfortable. Cracking deal at Argos at the moment, 100 quid off the usual price AND i dont know if i was just lucky but i got the pen and the smart flip case in the box and it had the gell case packaged with the phone...feel proper smug right now :D

Soldato
Had the 9.1 update land yesterday and either my thumb has been particularly clean or they have drastically improved the FP scanner

Soldato
Just got myself the Mate 20 X, wow its nice, i was worried it migt be too big but its very comfortable. Cracking deal at Argos at the moment, 100 quid off the usual price AND i dont know if i was just lucky but i got the pen and the smart flip case in the box and it had the gell case packaged with the phone...feel proper smug right now :D
I picked one from very as they had a 10% off as well so works out at £449 had the flip case and pen as well. Great deal.

Associate

Just purchased one of these from Argos to, mine also had the pen and case. I Took a S10 back due to the terrible battery life.

Finding it a lovely phone to use, yes it is big but I find it comfortable to use (I've had strange looks from some of my friends and family at the size of it :eek:)

Sound out of the speakers is fantastic and it only has a Hd screen but looks very good indeed, nice deep blacks and great white.

Running Nova launcher on it without any problems, just wish it would take standard memory cards, come on Huawei??

Battery life is in a different league compared to the S10, 20x is so much better so far.

Have to give the camera more tests over the weekend but so far for £499 I think it is a steal (If you can deal with the size).

Last edited:
Soldato
How scratch resistant are these screens nowadays? Can't remember the last time I didn't use a screen protector. Always puts me off of curved screens
well ive been using mine unprotected and i have scratched it ,basically alcohol .sharp keys ,same pocket ,think it could be the coating (only notice in full sun) but you can feel it with a fingernail.
i know im a numpty but was suprised how easy it happened ,apart form that its not full of micro scratches and its been in afew sandy pockets .
i love the phone .very bright lush screen that i can see in full sun ,battery that lasts forever ,amazing camera ,now even better with x30 zoom ,just looks and feels so good

Associate
My mate 20x was delivered yesterday, I can't find anything I dislike about it. I can finally use websites and movies in a normal way.

Soldato
My mate 20 pro has some deep screen scratches.

I saw an advertisement on Facebook for a new.screen protector that used LOCA glue to stick it on.

I bought a couple, used one. It went well, can't see any scratches under the protector at all. Looks new again. Seems the glue (which sets with UV light) fills in the scratches.

My mate 20 pro has some deep screen scratches.

I saw an advertisement on Facebook for a new.screen protector that used LOCA glue to stick it on.

I bought a couple, used one. It went well, can't see any scratches under the protector at all. Looks new again. Seems the glue (which sets with UV light) fills in the scratches.

My Mate 20X has a screen protector, i dont think ill take it off but it does make you wonder if they fit it because they know the gorilla glass they use is ****?

Soldato
Finally set up my mate 20x I got a few weeks back. Finding the battery pretty terrible so far, it's only had one charge . I updated it with the latest update on xda. On like 66% and with basic use, Facebook, YouTube etc. Just touching 3 hours on screen time right now.

Soldato
Finally set up my mate 20x I got a few weeks back. Finding the battery pretty terrible so far, it's only had one charge . I updated it with the latest update on xda. On like 66% and with basic use, Facebook, YouTube etc. Just touching 3 hours on screen time right now.
3hrs screen time and you're at 66% battery? I'd be pretty happy with that!

Soldato

Extrapolating that to 9hrs SoT when the battery dies, that looks pretty good to me.

Back
Top Bottom