• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080 Super live on website?

Associate
They are from £669, the higher prices are for the models with bigger OC’s, better warranties and the fancier coolers.
Bit odd that the EVGA XC, XC Ultra and FTW3 are all price identically when they're usually priced in ascending order though, feels like the £800 is a placeholder rather than final price?

Soldato
Well if the consumer can't simply buy an equivalent alternative from the competition (AMD/Intel/whoever) then artificial 'stock shortages' are a great way of maximising prices. Look at DDR4 memory, prices went up, Micron etc started making E die stuff prices start to come down Samsung slashed production artificially restricting supply to keep prices high due to 'limited stock'. Any and every business practice that inflates Nvidia prices in the absence of competition is being and will be used.

Have a think about it, what use is selling 10 units at £100 extra profit? An extra £1k on the sale is absolutely miniscule for a company like that, they need to be selling 1000's of units.

Associate
Have a think about it, what use is selling 10 units at £100 extra profit? An extra £1k on the sale is absolutely miniscule for a company like that, they need to be selling 1000's of units.

They will sell thousands of units, because despite bitching and moaning on the internet, people are still handing over their cash. It's why we're seeing such epic gouging from all of these manufacturers, they know it works!

Associate
I can't see it on there, under which heading?
It's a bit rubbish but if you scroll down it starts appearing on "2560 x 1440, High Quality" and below. Results seem to show

Edit: Or rather it only appears on that particular chart lol, given this is an aggregation rather than a formal test I guess. Obviously need to take the result with a pinch of salt but it seems to be consistent with the expectation that the 2080 Super only provides an 8% uplift over the 2080. The interesting part is that it seems like in total the 2080 Super provides a ~13% uplift over the 2070 Super

Associate
It's a bit rubbish but if you scroll down it starts appearing on "2560 x 1440, High Quality" and below. Results seem to show

Edit: Or rather it only appears on that particular chart lol, given this is an aggregation rather than a formal test I guess. Obviously need to take the result with a pinch of salt but it seems to be consistent with the expectation that the 2080 Super only provides an 8% uplift over the 2080. The interesting part is that it seems like in total the 2080 Super provides a ~13% uplift over the 2070 Super

I'll wait to see a few more benchmarks. Ideally I would like the 2080S, so hoping for a bit more uplift, or at the very least, decent OC headroom.

Permabanned
I guess Gibbo will post in the morning about whats due? You know the 2pm thread the 2070 super had? Or will this be low key i am really in doubt there will be any worth looking at.

As far as the 2070s which should be easier to get Aorus have not even finalized the core clocks? It just says preorder? How long do you think then a 2080 super will take? I presume August 30th?

Back
Top Bottom