Manspreading, the curse of . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Can we invent a device that stops women putting their bags on the seat next to them in the expectation that people will be happy to stand on a busy train instead of inconveniencing them?

Soldato
I noticed that in this story she also made a chair for women that has them spreading their legs when seated. In other words, its nothing to do with people having their legs apart. It's purely an anti-male thing.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/18/student-creates-chair-put-end-manspreading-10418726/

The anti-manspreading chair has legs that narrow in width, forcing the sitter’s legs to press into each other. The women’s chair does the opposite, forcing their legs to be spread widely.

Caporegime
I noticed that in this story she also made a chair for women that has them spreading their legs when seated. In other words, its nothing to do with people having their legs apart. It's purely an anti-male thing.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/18/student-creates-chair-put-end-manspreading-10418726/

She also said

‘I don’t take myself too seriously, because for my work I really want it to be both important and thought provoking, whilst also being engaging and funny,’ Laila says. ‘I think humour is a really interesting tool in order to tackle social issues.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Can we invent a device that stops women putting their bags on the seat next to them in the expectation that people will be happy to stand on a busy train instead of inconveniencing them?
I'm not sure that this inconsiderate practice is unique to women.

However, the solution to that was dreamed up some time ago, it is often referred to as a polite request - amazing how disarming that can be, you should try it some time ;)

Soldato
What about shespreaders? I often encounter women on London transport that spill over the edge of their seat by sheer mass. How a woman can be 3 times the width of a fully grown man, look in the mirror and think "this is fine" I don't know.

Don't get me started on bus isle seat sitters or bags-on-chair deviants. I can and will climb over them to get my butt planted on a seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom