Private plate

Associate
hi guys

I currently have a private plate on my car but the car also come with a nice number plate that I’d also like to keep. How is this possible? As when I take my private plate off the other one would have to go on but I’d want to keep both.

Associate
As above, take the plate off the vehicle through the DVLA site, enter the current registration on the car, the V5 document reference number, the keeper postcode and pay the £80 to put it on retention. Then using the V778 for the plate you wish to put on the vehicle it's essentially the same but in reverse, when putting a plate on a vehicle the £80 retention fee is already paid.

I have people do them all the time when I work, although given that we're not in March or September there aren't many cherished transfers I've had to help with just yet.

Caporegime
it's amazing the crap people think looks nice or is worth something.

if it came with the car best to just let it go. waste of £80 no doubt.

Why thank you for your valuable input here buddy, you really are an asset to the forum as always <3

(Side note, I've started assigning a Cartman voice to your posts, makes you infinitely more tolerable :D)

Caporegime
it was far more valuable than your input which always seems to be the case. just to comment on others peoples posts rather than something relevant to the OP.

if the plate came with the car chances are it's worthless.

i had one come with a second car i bought recently it sort of spelt milfred M13 FED. i tried to sell it for £200 (the lowest you could buy a plate for) for 4-5 months until the insurance was up for renewal then do both at the same time. rather than tell insurance and be charged a stupid fee for a change of plate. had zero interest but i didn't care.

the plates I have are worth several thousand each. both dateless plates so can be put on any car regardless of age. that is what a proper private plate is.

I hate these poverty spec private plates. Any that require a badly placed coloured screw, or a complete disregard for spacing etc just scream poverty to me.

I saw one the other day, it stuck because it was spelled as the same name as my other half, it was O NICOLE, I still cannot work out what the real reg was, it was literally spaced like that, 1 letter a space and 6 letters(numbers) all together

Soldato
Why thank you for your valuable input here buddy, you really are an asset to the forum as always <3

(Side note, I've started assigning a Cartman voice to your posts, makes you infinitely more tolerable :D)
I think you two just need to kiss and make up, it's a shame you live so far apart :(

Soldato
it's amazing the crap people think looks nice or is worth something.

if it came with the car best to just let it go. waste of £80 no doubt.

Eh? Maybe read the post before spewing your nonsensical bum chocolate.

It was clear from the OP that he was asking how best to keep both plates, not for your opinion on whether or not they're worth anything.

Can't not do this now...

Soldato
the plates I have are worth several thousand each. both dateless plates so can be put on any car regardless of age. that is what a proper private plate is.

I have a private plate. B12 LKY. £300. Goes with my online name. But I have to put it on a car registered after 1980 something.

Wish I had a proper private plate like you worth £1000s and dateless so I can put it on any car in the world.

I have a private plate. B12 LKY. £300. Goes with my online name. But I have to put it on a car registered after 1980 something.

Wish I had a proper private plate like you worth £1000s and dateless so I can put it on any car in the world.

Reminds me of one of them VIZ comic how to save money tips.
Change your name by deedpole to AB65 ABC (example) to save money on needing to buy a private plate :)

Back
Top Bottom