What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Nope sadly not. Why would I use a rebuild service when I can do it all myself ;). Front brakes are a different ball game to rears. I have a set of WMS 4 pots on the front on mine. The EP91 Glanza V parts are getting rare and Japan seems to be hoarding them, it's not like a Celica lol.

GT-Four brakes are unique to the car so even more rare than starlet brakes which are used over plenty of different Toyota products. Did you walk into a Toyota dealership and pay those prices? Might want to try TCB parts. They are a lot cheaper as they buy in bulk from Japan.

Associate
GT-Four brakes are unique to the car so even more rare than starlet brakes which are used over plenty of different Toyota products. Did you walk into a Toyota dealership and pay those prices? Might want to try TCB parts. They are a lot cheaper as they buy in bulk from Japan.
Rear Glanza V disk brakes are used on other cars? I think you will find they are only used on the Sera & GT turbo. I got them from ID Workz.

Soldato
Decided to show my Volvo some love today. Well, really just some steps to help it start and stop better.

So a new battery, and new discs and pads. Hopefully get a brake fluid change over the next couple days.

Soldato
Decided to show my Volvo some love today. Well, really just some steps to help it start and stop better.

So a new battery, and new discs and pads. Hopefully get a brake fluid change over the next couple days.

Brake fluid changed today. Not sure how much difference it made. Brakes are still pretty poor in all honesty. But it's an 18 year old volvo that gets used once or twice a month to go to the Airport, so good enough I guess.

Did clock both rear springs were broken though. Better get them sorted sooner rather than later. But overall, not in too bad shape for 18 years old and 66k on the clock.

Soldato
Bolted my roof box on to make sure it fits before going on travals..... Exciting stuff..... :)

1zbtocx.jpg

Soldato
Had an interesting issue last night where after I'd been driving for 5 minutes the central display and instrument cluster flashed up a "lighting system malfunction" warning then went away after a few seconds. It did it a few more times before I got home. Went out in it again this morning and it did exactly the same within 1 minute of driving. Shortly after the stereo/iDrive system started freezing then coming back and then eventually the AC turned off also so I headed back home. Noticed that while indicating the clicking noise was a lot faster than usual so thought I'd check the lights out and sure enough, the rear indicator lights just weren't working. At this point the lighting system malfunction was pretty much permanently on so I thought I'd first try disconnecting the battery which is in the boot, only to find that the boot wouldn't open either so I couldn't get to it.

Since it seemed like something was sending all the electrics crazy I tried to think what I'd changed. All I had changed was the MCU (base firmware) on my Android head unit which talks to the car via canbus so I thought that was a possibility. I went to remove that to temporarily put the stock display back on and promptly destroyed the cable/connection to the display :D At that point something occurred to me - a while ago I'd done a retrofit of a reverse parking camera that works like the OEM system but isn't actually using OEM parts. The module for that connects into the REM (rear electronics module) which is responsible for many things, including being able to open the boot so I disconnected the module and was then able to open the boot. I didn't disconnect the battery but I did then manage to drive for quite a while with no errors coming up which is nice.

When the new cable arrives I'll have to check out the wiring for the parking camera module as either the module is dead or there's something dodgy with the wiring which is entirely possible as I did only use wire taps on it. I'll first try soldering the connections and if the problem persists, I'll have to get the module swapped out.

Soldato
Not today, but yesterday.

Changed the rear roll bar for a whiteline 27mm one with new bushes. Used Fuchs Rubber grease on them.

Changed the front roll bars bushes from perished genuine ones to some SuperPro ones, again some rubber grease on them.

New drop links up front.

No suspension noises as far as I can tell now.

Soldato
Polished it.

Investigated hot air gushing from around the gear stick. Removed mouse nest from under transmission console.

vHVJ7Xe.jpg

Ordered new gear stick gaiter, the old one having been eaten by the above mouse :p

mFtEzry.jpg

Caporegime
Look good, need little Audi badges for the centre caps though to break them up a bit IMO.

jRfp83X.jpg

In other news, hopefully picking up an addition to the fleet on Sunday.

850CC
650KG
Steel wheels
Unpainted bumpers
No central locking
No power steering
No electric windows
No ABS
No glove-box
No door pockets
No centre-console
No radio