Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
I've just managed to get myself a ticket to see Rammstein in Berlin in July next year. Will be the first time I'll see them and I'm sooooo excited about it already :D

We're off to MK today to see them! :D

Just got back to the hotel room from Pink.

That was awesome - absolutely brilliant!! Anyone going to that tomorrow is in for a real treat. 10/10

Also had the most bombastically amazing wtf moment in any show I’ve ever seen.

She catapulted into the air and flew around the stadium like superman!! I’m sure it would look crappy on video but in the stadium it was absolutely amazing (I don’t mean ‘how was it was done’ - it was very obviously all done with obvious wires but she really was rocketing around and somersaulting and all sorts). Everyone was gasping and cheering and going nuts. Unbelievable - I couldn’t stop laughing and cheering. So good :D

I've got it on video...its blurry when I zoomed right in on her when she was still, but looks great on the wide panning shot when flying around!

And you didn't say what you thought of Metallica?!? :p

Soldato
It's going to be the first time I ever see them. I chose to not go to MK as it would be tricky as hell for me to get there as I don't drive. But now I've booked a weekend away in Berlin (where I've never been to) so that will be good too :)

First for me too today, and I don't blame you Berlin is an awesome city as well, that'll be a fantastic weekend :cool:

Associate
I was looking at Hamburg as well, but managed to get ticket for Berlin first so Berlin it is :p Even though I'll be going to Hamburg in beginning of next month so I was pretty happy for a new experience as well

Man of Honour
And you didn't say what you thought of Metallica?!? :p
Ah, I did not! I went on holiday immediately afterwards and got caught up with other things. Also, I created a GD thread about ‘kicking a phone’ and was considering following up on that thread with my concert experience, on the basis that we were able to take a couple of snaps considerately, but then thought it wasn’t worth the faff. ANYWAY.

It was godlike! We were literally the very front centre of the snake pit, basically meters away from James for the whole show. He did the MOP and One riffs, and others, right in front of me. It was insane. I was was also the closest person to Kirk doing the Nothing Else Matters intro. There was always one band member right in front of me, and occasionally all four of them! I went “yeaaah!” to Kirk and he mouthed “yeeaah!” back :p :o :D Ray Burton came and sat behind the rail for a bit - very surreal.

The setlist was also great - personal highlight was Harvester of Sorrow as I’m a massive Justice fan. James and Kirk stood right in front of me and did the harmony bit after the solo, I was headbanging so hard I barely saw. There was a bit of a curve ball when they played Lords of Summer in the encore.... a song that absolutely nobody wanted them to play :p

It’s really funny, in that Metallica are my favourite band, I was the best spot in the house and I had all these fun interactions... yet I’m still blown away by how good P!nk was. I’m not a huge P!nk fan but, wow, that was the show of the two that exceeded my expectations - definitely one of the better shows I’ve been to!

All in all, a good time giggin’ :cool:

Associate
Ah, I did not! I went on holiday immediately afterwards and got caught up with other things. Also, I created a GD thread about ‘kicking a phone’ and was considering following up on that thread with my concert experience, on the basis that we were able to take a couple of snaps considerately, but then thought it wasn’t worth the faff. ANYWAY.

It was godlike! We were literally the very front centre of the snake pit, basically meters away from James for the whole show. He did the MOP and One riffs, and others, right in front of me. It was insane. I was was also the closest person to Kirk doing the Nothing Else Matters intro. There was always one band member right in front of me, and occasionally all four of them! I went “yeaaah!” to Kirk and he mouthed “yeeaah!” back :p :o :D Ray Burton came and sat behind the rail for a bit - very surreal.

The setlist was also great - personal highlight was Harvester of Sorrow as I’m a massive Justice fan. James and Kirk stood right in front of me and did the harmony bit after the solo, I was headbanging so hard I barely saw. There was a bit of a curve ball when they played Lords of Summer in the encore.... a song that absolutely nobody wanted them to play :p

It’s really funny, in that Metallica are my favourite band, I was the best spot in the house and I had all these fun interactions... yet I’m still blown away by how good P!nk was. I’m not a huge P!nk fan but, wow, that was the show of the two that exceeded my expectations - definitely one of the better shows I’ve been to!

All in all, a good time giggin’ :cool:

I've not seen Metallica since Prague in 2008. Always been low on funds when they have released tickets and the shows have generally sold out very quick. Would love to see them again as they are the band who got me into metal.

Soldato
Just got back....wow, wow, wow, what a show, Rammstein were incredible!
was 'ing phenomenal. i was halfway back and the heat from the fire was amazing, must have been scorching at the barrier. whole show was tremendous, set list, effects, sound quality. one stupid thing though was the lack of merch stalls - think there was only 2? 'ing queues were literally halfway around the stadium. best WTF moment:
O-|-<

Associate
https://twitter.com/thebandGHOST/status/1148154758584082435

Absolutely have to get myself a ticket for this, probably Wembley as it's the easiest for me to get to, even though it's not my favourite arena. Thought they were fantastic at Twickenham, and I really want to see a full show from them.

That is so frustrating. I was planning to fly home to Sweden that Friday to see Devin Townsend on the Saturday in Stockholm. Might re-think that and get a ticket to see Ghost again. I saw them in Stockholm in February and that was an awesome show.

Soldato
Saw Ed Sheeran in Prague on his divide world tour yesterday

80,000 plus people, did some stuff from his upcoming collaborations album too which was a nice touch.

The ginge can entertain :D

Man of Honour
Got 5 tickets in the Fire Zone for Rammstein @ Coventry June 2020 \o/
Nice - I got some myself, thanks for the heads-up :)

Looks like a pig of a stadium to get to and from though. All surrounding hotels already pretty much booked up, poop!

Edit - managed to reserve a room... phew. Begrudgingly expensive though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice - I got some myself, thanks for the heads-up :)

Looks like a pig of a stadium to get to and from though. All surrounding hotels already pretty much booked up, poop!

Edit - managed to reserve a room... phew. Begrudgingly expensive though.

Great, glad you got them - it sold out pretty damn quickly as usual!

We've rented a house between the 5 of us, not too bad at £170 but it's 6 miles from the stadium.....The taxi fare back will make up for the cheap cost :p

Soldato
Managed to snag 6 tickets for Rammstein in Cov next year. I had 2 pcs, A laptop and my phone trying to get tickets. A little bit of pee came out when all 4 instantly said they were unable to find tickets at like 30 seconds after they went on sale. Quick switch to a different site and got 6 tickets easy peasy. Got the GA standing tickets as wasn't sure my wife would appreciate the Fuerer zone

Back
Top Bottom