Your WORST 10 PC Games?

Soldato
I've been reminded by posts above that there are any amount of games that I'd love to like, but the driving mechanics are just terrible. I'm particularly looking at the Saints Row games and Mafia 3. In both cases the game world made me want to play, but getting in a car was torture because it just didn't feel like you were connected to the road in any way.

Associate
I don't want to name too many, as there are newer.

I'm going to name an oldie...

Dungeon Siege 3 - totally ruined the series badly.

1+2 in the series were/are awesome ARPG games.

Associate
Rift
SWTOR (the MMO) there was no competitive PvE and the PvP was boring everyone had a stun and no other form of CC and no damage meter /addons biiiig let down
CoD anything after black ops 1
Kingdom of amular reckoning found it super boring
ARK
DOTA/LoL
No man's sky
Rust
Ryse was buggy as hell and couldn't even finish the tutorial!
Mass effect i dislike overthe shoulder type shooters they always feel so slow paced and boring to me
Elder scrolls MMO i just can't get into it no matter how much i try i think it's because the special effects/Armour isn't very flashy compared to other MMOs

Man of Honour

Have to say Mafia 2 and 3 would be up there for me - Mafia 2 for complex reasons it wasn't a bad game in its own right but there was a really poor attitude towards their audience from the developer which ultimately took what should have been an incredible game and shackled it. One of the reasons the game kind of locked you into the main story was due to an attitude from several of the developers that basically the player should pay for every second of enjoyment and only get enjoyment from it in the way the developer gave to you and that any additional enjoyment of the game should come from paid DLC, etc. hence you rarely got the chance to just kick back, relax and properly free roam, etc. despite being on paper such a potential game for that and the hideous waste of all the amazing environments and locations that just get used once and never let you use the full potential of such as the WW2 section and prison, etc.

Mafia 3 again was victim of developer disdain for their own player base - telling people this is what they wanted from a Mafia game instead of knowing their audience.

Soldato
No top 10 or top 5, but a few that deserve to go down in the annals of shame.

Dragon Age: Origins was rendered literally unplayable by a host of bugs ranging from crash issues during cutscenes to texture corruption. Devs took months to even admit there was an issue and never fully fixed it as far as I know.

Star Wars: The Old Republic was released with bugs that had not only been reported repeatedly during the beta test but which had also appeared in KOTOR. In other words, they were caught using legacy code from a game pushing 10 years old in their AAA MMO.

Hitman (the original) got as far as final release demo with broken turn controls. You couldn't do anything except walk into the first wall.

Not sure when you tried origins. I played it later on in its life, when all the DLC was out. Worked pretty perfect for me, done two full play through in he end and no issue with either.

Associate
PUBG - Glitchy multiplayer game where you eject 12 magazines from your AK47 at point blank range, but they one shot you with a pistol.
CoD:MW & MW2 Multiplayer - Bunny hopping knifers who spew you toxic grief, because they died by your tactically placed AP mine... Oh and the nade spam deaths at the start of a match. Single-player story in the first game was good.
SiN - Showed promise, but ended up as an episodic mess.
Daikatana - It had great idea, but the graphics were a complete abomination, even for its time.
Halo - Sorry guys and gals, I cannot fathom the hype behind this one with generic shooter.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Fantastic graphics and single-player story, but I had hoped for more SP stories/campaigns with each of the different classes. Plenty of potential (and money grabbing dlc) there. MP is meh if you have crap reactions like me or you are not familiar with the maps.
Ark - Rubber-banding lag demoralises any MP, but still a decent game..
Total War: Attila - Going to ruffle feathers here - some really good ideas in this game, however I feel it is blighted by poorly designed UI. The Warhammer series arrived at the right time to change and refresh a brilliant genre that was going stale. Britannia has more fluid combat, but is missing that racing pace of land grabbing and army building. However the politics play is good, as you cannot trust your own family...
Star Gemini Warlords - I was hoping this would be a blend of Eve and Freelancer, but sadly it was buggy and wouldn't play on anything not Win 8. However recent DLC & updates have improved the game.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I'm not sure that I ever bought a game that I truly ended up hating. I suppose Starfleet Command 3 was kind of a disappointment after SFC2: Orion Pirates (too dumbed down, and even by SFC series standards was buggy as all hell!). Carmageddon TDR 2000 was a bit 'meh' after C1 and 2 as well.

Soldato
The CoD games after #2
The Witcher 3 (tried so many times with this game but just feels "wrong")
Daikatana (just a massive let down after all the hype)
Dawn of war 3 (nuff said really)

Associate
Watch Dogs (downgraded)
The Witcher 3 (downgraded)
No Man's Sky (bait and switch)
Thief (reboot)
Battlefield V (battle royale bandwagon)
Half Life 2: Episode 3 (no show)
Red Dead Redemption (cynical disregard for pc fan base)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (")

Associate
I would say games which just did not gel upon initial installation:

Dirt Rally (I felt the stages were designed to trip you up rather than be a semi simulation).
Dragons Age Origins (the OTT blood, I dont mind gore but when used effectively, with DAO it just came across to me as trying too hard to be controversial).
Frontier Elite (Dog fighting pirates was almost impossible).
Saints Row, too scripted (I never tried - it felt you could walk through levels as immune to gun fire).

Associate
Dragons Age Origins on a worst games list? Probably the best 3D RPG ever made and the end of an era, as most RPGs made after this were dumbed down console ports (see Dragon Age II and Inquisition).

Associate
Dragons Age Origins on a worst games list? Probably the best 3D RPG ever made and the end of an era, as most RPGs made after this were dumbed down console ports (see Dragon Age II and Inquisition).

I am a creature of habit so used to old school RPG's. Back in the day it was taking RPG's to the next level; I guess I was comparing to my comfort zone and wrote it off pronto.

Good to hear the strong recommendation, time for another go. :)

Soldato
I don't play to many ****** games so hard to name 10 but I'll give it a go.

- Halo Combat Evolved. There have been some bad console ports but this one is the reigning, defending, undisputed world heavyweight champion of bad console ports! Performance was terrible and run like a fat dog even on the best hardware of the day.

- Fry Cry 2. God that game is boring! Be bad but please don't be boring.

- Assassin's Creed 1. Fun for about an hour but become bland and repetitive. It's the only game I've played were it took long to exit the game then load into it!

- Neverwinter Nights 2. Poor performance killed the experience.

- The new Thief game. No Stephan Russell no Garrett.

- GTA 4. It seems harsh putting this game in a list called WORST 10 PC games but compared to Vice City and San Andreas this game lakes the same charm of it's predecessor's. The social club thing was a kick in the teeth as well.

- EA games. Cancer. EA have had a bad rep with gamers since the mid 90's so hating on EA is nothing new to me. It's the only company I know that continually evolves and finds new ways to become even more evil and corrupt every year. Business goes south? Don't try and take high road and give people what they want think of even more darstedly ways to get money from stupid people!

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit of a controversial one, but I really disliked Yakuza 0. I tried to like it, but the combination of QT events, general button mashing, subtitles that draw the eye away from the "action" and an annoying camera, just made it intolerable.

Back
Top Bottom