car meet 17 injured

Soldato
The authorities should have shut this down a long time ago, they did in the black country and this kind of thing just doesn't happen here nowadays.

The organiser needs to take responsibility for this too, they know this kind of thing is going on, it has happened for ages as can be seen on youtube filmed by the likes of AdamC. He's trying to claim they are squeaky clean and butter wouldn't melt, then throwing these 2 drivers under the bus. Bit Pathetic really.

Soldato
There was a twitter emergency, so no police around.

I love how the Facebook guy tries to male it sound like a proper event. No, the true car events are on track, this is a bunch of kids with reasonably powered cars and zero skill. Amazed this hasn’t happened sooner. Some hefty jail sentences needed for the ‘organiser’ and drivers. I suspect they’ll get their licences back in no time though.

As they are usually on private land there isn't much that can be done. The land owner has to make a complaint and it's a "civil matter". But it's usually after hours on a industrial estate so there isn't anyone around TO make a complaint. They can only start arresting people for driving offences if they misbehave on public roads.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lock up the organisers, the idiots driving and the spectators for standing there, all of them are complicit* in being stupid.

* - If I made the laws this would be the case, sadly, only 1 of the muppets (The driver) be slapped by the courts, the others will simply claim victim and go for as much compo as humanly possible..

Soldato
Surely it's the idiot coming out of a junction that's more at fault here? I know the Nissan guy is a tool for doing those speeds but why would you pull out!
In one of the longer videos it appears most of the cars coming from that direction turn back into the car park the Toyota is emerging from - he's made the assumption the 350z would do the same.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If the Z was going slower, the end result would have been much less severe, perhaps even non existent as the GT86 would have merged and reached adequate speed plus with the Z braking to avoid, would have widened the gap even more so.

Both drivers at fault, but it's more on the Z for the ridiculous speed. One for not driving with due care and attention and the other the same with the addition of excessive speed in a built up area.

The bystanders on the central res also need slaps. That's not an area for pedestrians.

Soldato
Drivers are idiots, pedestrians standing in the middle of the road even more so. Police claiming ‘not aware’ yet event happens each week... yeah right they are just trying to avoid blame already.

Soldato
Drivers are idiots, pedestrians standing in the middle of the road even more so. Police claiming ‘not aware’ yet event happens each week... yeah right they are just trying to avoid blame already.
Some people on Facebook are claiming that the police were actually in attendance for the 'static' meet :p

Man of Honour
I never knew the scene for Fast and Furious was that big in the UK, it was absolutely packed, blocking the entry to the car park into the Premier Inn I was staying at.

2-3 times a year it happens at a car park near where I work - 200-300 cars - generally seems a bit of a miserable affair though - very few actually nice cars and most people standing around like they aren't really sure why they are there.

Soldato
I think when they first started it was wild and interesting stuff. Then it just turned in to 100s of slammed Golfs with crackle maps.

Soldato
There's some tools using the roads near the village every night here, they race between two roundabouts in a 30 zone with stupidly loud exhausts on their sheds.The residents have been complaining for weeks to no avail but I suspect after this the police will be having a bit of a crackdown on such things for a while.

Soldato
There are some that do that around here but the cops DO chase it up it seems (it's a really small town which still has it's own police station and council). Every so often they have a crackdown on stupid exhausts and speeding in residential areas.

Mainly it's bikers on the bypass, you can hear them from miles away. They start late at night knowing there won't be anyone around and it literally sounds like the Isle of Man TT in the diastance. Better than doing it during the day I suppose.

Last edited:
Soldato
couldn't/didn't the police take all the mobile phones for potential evidence .. those millenials were born with one stuck in their mitts.

Back
Top Bottom