Staples's 'Kashmir' Managers Chair

Soldato
This is the bodge it and scarper way to remove gas lift from a chair -- - This is the right way.
There is a tool to remove the strut - think slide hammer but just the slide bit - it's cut in half length ways and two pins put through - put each piece round the strut and slide it up then bang it down

Bodge it way.
https://youtu.be/9U1Q3wf_JyM

Associate
I’ve been meaning to update this.

After 6 months the cushioning really seems to be thinning and this means that the natural position when sat with your lower back pushed against the bottom of the back of the chair is far too relaxed for FPS gaming I find.

I bought the 3 year replacement thing for a few quid when I got it but seeming as they’re closing down I doubt they’ll honour it :(

The extended warranty is handled through a 3rd party, either Assurant or another company I can't remember the name of. You should have been given paperwork when you bought the chair which will have contact details to claim on the insurance.

For anybody struggling to get a gas lift out of the 5 star base I'd suggest finding a concrete pillar(not so easy to find in residential areas I know) and slamming the bottom of the gas lift onto that, that's how I always replaced them.

Soldato
The extended warranty is handled through a 3rd party, either Assurant or another company I can't remember the name of. You should have been given paperwork when you bought the chair which will have contact details to claim on the insurance.

For anybody struggling to get a gas lift out of the 5 star base I'd suggest finding a concrete pillar(not so easy to find in residential areas I know) and slamming the bottom of the gas lift onto that, that's how I always replaced them.

Ah nice, I did get paperwork so will check that!

Do you think they'll replace it for the cushioning being flat after 6 months? The other thing is that it doesn't tilt lock fully forwards, drops back 6 inches or so :(

Associate
Ah nice, I did get paperwork so will check that!

Do you think they'll replace it for the cushioning being flat after 6 months? The other thing is that it doesn't tilt lock fully forwards, drops back 6 inches or so :(

You'd have to be careful how you word it as the extended warranty doesn't cover wear & tear which is a very grey area.

Your best bet would probably be pursuing it through the tilt lock. Tell them that it should lock upright but this tilt lock has become defective allowing the chair to tilt back making it impossible to maintain a productive sitting position.

Not sure what exactly will happen if they accept the claim. I think they'll either source a replacement from elsewhere, or more likely, pay out either in cash or a voucher for another retailer.

Soldato
You'd have to be careful how you word it as the extended warranty doesn't cover wear & tear which is a very grey area.

Your best bet would probably be pursuing it through the tilt lock. Tell them that it should lock upright but this tilt lock has become defective allowing the chair to tilt back making it impossible to maintain a productive sitting position.

Not sure what exactly will happen if they accept the claim. I think they'll either source a replacement from elsewhere, or more likely, pay out either in cash or a voucher for another retailer.

Update, turns out the issue is that where the arm connects to the seat base, the back screw has blown through the bottom of the wood.

Called the warranty company and was told they only cover the fabric of the chair and because the issue is with the structure of the chair and it's within the first year I have to go back to Office Outlet, who are obviously in administration, and was given the number of Deloite by them who are the insurance company. Can't see me getting very far here :p

Associate
Long time lurker here, and apologies for lazarus'ing this thread.

Has anyone found a another similar replacement for the original Staples kashmir chair? Mine has just ticked over 7 years of heavy use and really needs to be put out to pasture. I'd buy another one in a flash if I could :(

Soldato

Has anyone found a another similar replacement for the original Staples kashmir chair? Mine has just ticked over 7 years of heavy use and really needs to be put out to pasture. I'd buy another one in a flash if I could :(
Surely there's some place that would refresh it?

Soldato

I went with a Humanscale Freedom (w/ armrests) from 2ndhnd about 3 years ago, absolutely no regrets! They refurb office stuff and it came as-new, so no complaints at roughly 1/5th of the usual cost (about £230).

Man of Honour

If you go back in this thread Office Outlet are doing one (or did do one).
My post was #378

Soldato
I got the Office Outlet alternative. It's nowhere near as comfy as the Kashmir was, and it's about half the (already not brilliant) quality too. I wouldn't recommend it to someone hankering for a Kashmir.

I managed to make it last a year (largely because it was a gift from the wife so I felt guilty about replacing it) and then I bit the bullet and got a Noble Hero.

Soldato

Just ask Steve @ noblechairs for a new one - I am sure he will be more than happy to oblige.

Caporegime
This is getting desperate now. My Kashmir broke last year and I replaced it with a Nitro Concepts S300. Last time I buy a gaming chair.

Anyway, I am desperately looking for an alternative to the Kashmir. I have severe scoliosis, so my back is very misshapen. I need a really thick fabric padding like the Kashmir that I can sink into, otherwise I’m in unbearable pain within about half an hour.

please help :(

Caporegime
I still have mine.
When I got it off ebay I didn't know it was this infamous chair. I got it for about 10 quid. Like d the look and drove to next village and picked it up.

Only when I saw this thread did I realo I struck black gold!

Back
Top Bottom