***The Official Marvel's Avengers thread***

Permabanned
OP

I'll be adding to these posts as more info is released. I wasn't that interested in it until I saw that Crystal Dynamics were involved. They did a great job with Tomb Raider so hopefully they'll do as good a job with this.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's an interesting one, if at least from a delivery point of view. A games as a service game, but with extra content for free (including new heroes and regions), and they intend for us to be playing it for long after release.

The real question (for me, anyway) is can they make all the heroes play differently enough from each other, but have all their various skills needed to overcome missions. What I mean is, if all missions can just be completed through the brute force of Hulk, Thor, or firepower of Iron Man, then I don't see it having much longevity. If genuine teamwork and tactics are needed though, utilising all the heroes' individual skills, it could be great.

Soldato
Here's a leaked video of gameplay footage from Comic Con doing the rounds for those wanting to see it in action. Filmed on a phone though, so you might prefer to wait for the official release sometime next week.

Soldato
In 4K below. I'd play this during a slow period tbh and I don't even like Marvel. Looks like good mindless fun but the GAAS aspect is bothersome so I'll wait for a deep sale.

Soldato
That actually looks better than I was imagining, at least in terms of depth/scope. And I don't mind games as a service when all the updates are free! Still not convinced I'll buy it, but it has potential to be fun.

Soldato
I hope the combat system is similar to that found in the latest Spider-Man games, really enjoyed that game... 100% Platinum club!

Also, I wonder if we'll see all the Avengers being included over the many months ahead, Spider-Man maybe or does Sony hold the rights for this?

Soldato
I hope the combat system is similar to that found in the latest Spider-Man games, really enjoyed that game... 100% Platinum club!

Also, I wonder if we'll see all the Avengers being included over the many months ahead, Spider-Man maybe or does Sony hold the rights for this?
Funnily enough, there were rumours going around that Spidey would be exclusive to the PS version of Avengers, but I can't see that happening really. He appeared in Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch, so I guess there's a chance he'll be included somewhere down the line.

Associate
I'd probably get this game when it reduces in price (pending half decent reviews), and as much as having Spider-Man in the game is pleasing from my perspective as a dead cert PS5 owner, it really is anti-consumer to be doing it.

Caporegime

Didn't they just nick the combat from the Arkham trilogy?

Soldato
I think this will end up being the main stress test for the new GPUs considering they arrive around the same time frame. Kinda excited now! :)

Back
Top Bottom