Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Associate
@GIGA-Man

Did the motherboards that left Gigabyte UK on Monday as you foretold go by horse and cart?
Obviously to get any sort of update with tracking in 2019 we have to rely on Ravens still. It's only the notorious pizza companies who have futuristic geo-located tracking.

Quite frankly, I don't buy into it.
I'd prefer honesty at this point, as you have a large customer base on OCUK waiting in the same position as me, selling them a lie to keep your sales for the interim.
I cannot fathom how a truck full of computer parts is not tracked.

Do you have any news?

Thanks.

Associate
I'd like some news about the X570 Ultra boards.
When will it be at OCUK to be dispatched?
I know Giga-Man said middle to end of this week, but that finishes tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
@Supernaut91

@havenrl

rivals have just had theirs in stock! OCUK should have them or inbound as yesterday it was listed out of stock!

seems that a friends has had their Elite shipping today and he pre-ordered over a week ago so seems they have plenty of stock to have cleared pre-orders . again cant comment on OCUK or other resellers . One has theirs inbound tomorrow it seems . One have had half the aorus range restocked .

Forest has also covered pre-orders it seems but very low numbers today!

Associate
@Supernaut91

@havenrl

rivals have just had theirs in stock! OCUK should have them or inbound as yesterday it was listed out of stock!

seems that a friends has had their Elite shipping today and he pre-ordered over a week ago so seems they have plenty of stock to have cleared pre-orders . again cant comment on OCUK or other resellers . One has theirs inbound tomorrow it seems . One have had half the aorus range restocked .

Forest has also covered pre-orders it seems but very low numbers today!

I saw that, when I checked.
Just willing to wait, since my 2070 Super was out of stock.
Now I have it it, tempted to change my board, for one in stock - Taichi.

Soldato
OP
I saw that, when I checked.
Just willing to wait, since my 2070 Super was out of stock.
Now I have it it, tempted to change my board, for one in stock - Taichi.

seeing seeing from reviews with taichi being on sale currently . not a bad board. VRMs are slightly cooler due to being higher ampage but audio is vastly behind Aorus boards and a DAC maybe required for high powered headphones

aorus Pro -4mins in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBVp1rhXU4c

taichi - 2:30 mins in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtkEKt8oW8M

GIgabyte has the upper hand with over ASrock with RMA hands down, ASRock bios still the easiest to use

Associate
Thanks mate, checking out these videos now.
I was set for a B450, but it didn't work for me.
Not much work put into X570, getting it done these last several days.
Settled on Aorus, but don't mind either way.

Soldato
Should have my Xtreme on Tuesday :cool:
Xtreme... Damn ! @Plec will get jealous now
Yes, admittedly i am - but i still can't justify it - i'm happy sitting here on my 'precarious' fence for now :p

@Jokester - will you be putting in straight underwater? And, if you have the time could you post up some pics of the board (they're not for me, they're for a friend :D)? Don't worry if you haven't got time, i know it's a PITA taking pics when all you want to do is get into the build.

Don
Yes, admittedly i am - but i still can't justify it - i'm happy sitting here on my 'precarious' fence for now :p

@Jokester - will you be putting in straight underwater? And, if you have the time could you post up some pics of the board (they're not for me, they're for a friend :D)? Don't worry if you haven't got time, i know it's a PITA taking pics when all you want to do is get into the build.
Yeah, I’ll get some photos up.

Putting a XSPC Raystorm on it, seems to have a nice big cooling plate on it that can be rotated so I’ll hopefully get some decent results with it.

Caporegime
See the ultras in stock

@Gibbo My ultra RMA was received by yourselves today. As there’s only 8 ultras in stock, do you reserve one in case an RMA board is found to be faulty? If not, and they sell out and my board is faulty, I could be waiting ages for a replacement.

Associate
SOr
@GIGA-Man

Hi mate, got this problem after flashing to the AB bios on the ultra. Overclockers are willing to RMA, but I just want to see if you think it does sound like a bricked board or if the problem could lie elsewhere. Thanks for any help

It was acting a bit odd after updating it. Not restarting properly, no bios screen, straight into windows, I then powered it down using the power button, and nothing since.

When I switch off from the mains, then switch on the power switch, the lights on the mobo and cooler flash for a millisecond but do nothing. Then my RGB ram lights up, but still completely dead when I switch on. Only if I switch off and on from the mains do I get that brief flash of light. Also, when I switch on for the first time, the psu makes a loud clicking noise. I've cleared CMOS using battery method and jumper, but still no luck.[/QUOTE

Sorry I've been away, it does sound like a BIOS corruption issue. See if OCUK will fix for you if you are already talking, if not I will get it done for you

Last edited:
Associate
@GIGA-Man

Did the motherboards that left Gigabyte UK on Monday as you foretold go by horse and cart?
Obviously to get any sort of update with tracking in 2019 we have to rely on Ravens still. It's only the notorious pizza companies who have futuristic geo-located tracking.

Quite frankly, I don't buy into it.
I'd prefer honesty at this point, as you have a large customer base on OCUK waiting in the same position as me, selling them a lie to keep your sales for the interim.
I cannot fathom how a truck full of computer parts is not tracked.

Do you have any news?

Thanks.

The boards arrived at OCUK when I said they would and have now been booked into stock. While we do have tracking numbers for the goods shipping into the UK, OCUK also need to check the shipment and then book it into stock.
Have always been honest and given the info I can to the guys on the forum, it would be a little short sighted of me to lie to keep an order or two..

Associate
not sure if this is the right thread to be posting in I got the x570 ultra today and ive noticed with rgb fusion its taking control of my corsair vengeance ram when I dont want it to as its interfering with my iCue anyone got a solution?

Soldato
OP
not sure if this is the right thread to be posting in I got the x570 ultra today and ive noticed with rgb fusion its taking control of my corsair vengeance ram when I dont want it to as its interfering with my iCue anyone got a solution?

didn;t even no AORUS/Gigabyte could control Corsair . Thought they locked their eco system apart from MSI .

Associate
If you are getting conflict issues, you should be able to set the effects you want for the board in RGB fusion. Then uninstall it, it should keep the RGB settings but then you can use ICUE for the rest.

Back
Top Bottom