• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Yeah, especially given that a 9900k with the memory subsystem dialed right in has much better latency.

Yes but somehow doesnt feel as snappy...

Its possible meltdown etc mitigations slow down these kinds of I/O tasks on Intel
But placebo is more likely

Yes that is a possibility

More likely the fresh windows build, does wonders for performance - however the intel I/O side is a problem that will cause performance degradation

Its the same build that was on my 9700K so its not that.

Associate
The weird thing is that corner of the box has no damage. It either went into the box like that or is a return sent out by mistake. That picture only shows half the issue .the whole chassis is twisted and bent so none of the panels fit. Thats the ones that still have there lugs on.. To be honest i think it was damaged before it went in the box?

Associate
The weird thing is that corner of the box has no damage. It either went into the box like that or is a return sent out by mistake. That picture only shows half the issue .the whole chassis is twisted and bent so none of the panels fit. Thats the ones that still have there lugs on.. To be honest i think it was damaged before it went in the box?

Okay, that sounds like a customer return sent out again by mistake. :(

Soldato
Hopefully we should start seeing more software and games better optimized for the AMD platform and if I'm not mistaken next gen consoles will be using 8 core AMD chips and so next gen games will start using 8 or more cores and be better optimized for AMD. Too think not so long back they was close to going bankrupt, how things have changed.

Associate

It's surprising the glass survived ^^

Associate
I feel gutted. i have been collecting parts for my zen2 build. The last bit turned up an hour ago, my new lian li 011 dynamic. i was going to be doing it all tomorrow(Saturday) but the case looks live its taken a dive from the top of the shard!!

IMG_20190719_164632[1] by rallyslag, on Flickr

IMG_20190719_163027 by rallyslag, on Flickr

Looks like my I5 2500k gets a stay of execution. !!!!!
Pretty sure the case is meant to look like that....possibly;)

Soldato
case looks live its taken a dive from the top of the shard!!
ah that's a sickener.
i'd be livid about that, more so than if the courier had mishandled it in transit. assume you've raised your concerns with the retailer?

Associate
ah that's a sickener.

i'd be livid about that, more so than if the courier had mishandled it in transit. assume you've raised your concerns with the retailer?

Apart from the motherboard it was all bought from Overclockers. And yes i was on the phone as soon as i opened the box. DPD are picking it up Monday. I am not happy,but wat can i do. Poop happens!!

Associate
I feel gutted. i have been collecting parts for my zen2 build. The last bit turned up an hour ago, my new lian li 011 dynamic. i was going to be doing it all tomorrow(Saturday) but the case looks live its taken a dive from the top of the shard!!

IMG_20190719_164632[1] by rallyslag, on Flickr

IMG_20190719_163027 by rallyslag, on Flickr

Looks like my I5 2500k gets a stay of execution. !!!!!
I have the same case, its amazing.

Associate
Is there anyway of recording per-core temperatures, with my 3700K I used HWMonitor and left it running whilst I gamed, but it doesn’t seem to work with the 3900K and Ryzen Master doesn't appears to have an option?

Back
Top Bottom