• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

TrM

TrM

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Similar here. I just wont use 12 cores. So caved and went 3700x (arriving today).
As someone else said, by the time I need 12 cores, the 3900x will be well out of date anyway. (As a gamer).
Yep that is probably very true for your usage. I do use all 12 cores so only the 3900X will do and it will probably get replaced by the 3950X once that is out in sufficient numbers.

Soldato
8 pack did say the 3900x was the best selling cpu so the demand is high and lets be honest they proberly shipped a lot world wide:) and lots of people have one)

Where did he say that? I find it very hard to believe 3900x's are outselling 3600 chips.

But if he said it I cannot argue with the horse's mouth.

Soldato
shambles of a launch.

To me its basic courtesy to only release a product when you can fulfill demand. 3900x looks like just a paper launch.
What about Intel launches of last two years?
Or is Intel excempt from requirement of actually having products to sell?

Soldato

No but is this an intel thread? :)

I am pretty sure I said something similar in the 9900k thread when it got released.

---

userbench has global marketshare for 3900x half of 3600 which doesnt surprise me its lower, but the size of the gap is deffo lower than expected, I expected it to be like 10% or something.

Don

We are discussng AMD, why are people that hurt by anything they percieve against AMD they bring in NVidia and Intel (and vice versa etc.)? It is a strange pattern I am noticing.

Soldato
No but is this an intel thread? :)

I am pretty sure I said something similar in the 9900k thread when it got released.
AMD is still awfully lot smaller company than Intel.
So they deserve some slack in not being able to fullfill every warehouse in the world, when that supposedly so reliably delivering "big blue" with its huge resources has made like five months long availability problems as norm.

Associate
I'm still holding out for my 3900x. Ordered on Saturday... Aorus Master also still out of stock but was apparently due this week.

Back
Top Bottom