Alan Turing, the new face of the £50 note

Soldato
not a case of being poor, it's a case of them being pretty impractical to most everyday uses, added to which cashless is becoming a lot more of a norm. about the only cash i carry myself is a handful of change for the parking meter.

Man of Honour
Shops round here generally don't take £50 notes.

Seems a tad negative to me, customer goes to the register with £37 worth of merchandise, proffers a £50, and the shopkeeper declines the sale?
That doesn’t sound like a good way to run a business, I hope such shops have their closing down sale posters already printed.
Reminds me of when the ability to take credit cards was first introduced to London Black Cabs, I had a machine fitted immediately.
Occasionally I’d be third or fourth on a hotel rank, and a fare would bypass the first taxis, and come to me, as I had a sign saying, CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED.
The dinosaurs who only accepted “coin of the realm”, would harangue me as a Johnny come lately, who was stealing the food from their children’s mouths, I’d suggest that they adopt the CC facility themselves, then smile all the way to the airport.

Soldato
The party of government prop up, would still seek to have this chap reeducated, or cured of his illness.
So he may get on the note, but little has changed in the world of who runs the country when the DUP stand at the fore with such influence.

Don
The party of government prop up, would still seek to have this chap reeducated, or cured of his illness.
So he may get on the note, but little has changed in the world of who runs the country when the DUP stand at the fore with such influence.
It's ironic that someone who wasn't and still wouldn't be accepted everywhere has ended up on the front of the £50 note.

Caporegime
Maybe it'll help them come to terms with his unpleasantness, as one thing seems certain, they do like their money!

How? Establishment figures that dont like gay people aren't going to care about this, the problem is their support base, who aren't using fiddys to pay for things, people at the bottom need to see it more than the people at the top.

Back
Top Bottom