I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Soldato
Any Ender3 users or anyone else for that matter fitted an SKR v1.3 board? Want to upgrade from my stock board for a few extra features and done decent stepper drivers. Curious if anyone has any experience with it.

Associate
Any Ender3 users or anyone else for that matter fitted an SKR v1.3 board? Want to upgrade from my stock board for a few extra features and done decent stepper drivers. Curious if anyone has any experience with it.

I've just got a couple in to try but haven't fitted them to anything yet. What drivers did you get?

Should be a nice upgrade for most printers.

Don

Just finished a build with the SKR. Not an Ender though. What do you want to know?
The setup I built is with TMC5160s running sensorless homing and SPI mode (so nice on that board with not having to run dupont wires everywhere). BLTouch bed levelling too.
I'm running it at 1/64 microstepping at the moment while testing.

Soldato
With many thanks to Frozennova, my Sam Coupe network card and storage interface, now has a proper cover :)

before.jpg

after.jpg

after2.jpg

Soldato
From the new members section.
Hi guys! My name is Josh and I am a 3D printing engineer from Poland. I have been doing 3D printing for five years now. This is not only my job, but also my main hobby.

I would like to share with you my last work.

At my work I need to create a meter-wide model of the Honda HA-420 HondaJet. To do this, I had scanned a small original metal model from the HONDA factory. Thus, I had obtained a 3D model in order to increase it proportionally and create a meter-wide model. I had printed parts of the final model on the 3D printer Hercules Strong 2017 and Picaso Designer X. For this I used ABS plastic from REC. I had processed all the seams on the model with solvents and stitched it up with a Myriwell RP100B 3D pen. After that, I processed the model with sandpaper and painted.

Also during the process I put a complete wiring system into the model.
I made a stand for the model on a SolidCraft CNC-6090 milling machine using 25 mm MDF, and then painted it.

I will be glad to answer any of your questions. What do you think about this work?

a547116d7d9bfa63eff7c2a4c4e9b71d3f034970_2_690x461.png

Don
Finished my upgrades to my first 3D printer, applying everything I learned from the 2nd one I built.
Same basic design but using MGN12 linear rails.

Specs:
MGN12 linear bearings
Ball screws for Z-axis
SKR V1.3 32bit board running Marlin 2.0
TMC5160 drivers in SPI mode with sensorless homing
BLTouch
BMG extruder

All printed parts in PETG

7ILH8VX.jpg

wl5rkjS.jpg

TpAJAXS.jpg

204NKoa.jpg

Soldato
Morning you 3D Nerds, well just about to buy a Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Gear Shifter to go with my T500rs.

But noticed you can buy 3D printed add-ons on the bay for example> Quick Short Shift Mod Plate 6 Gears, done a search and have found the 3D file's for printing free.

If l buy the add-ons for my shifter alone about £40, why not get a small 3d printer and print them myself.

Always wanted one The Boss has given me the go ahead to buy one.

So have £200-£300 for a 3D printer what do you suggest.

I build my own PC's so putting a printer together should not be to hard.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Guys have just spent over a hour looking through Thingiverse and amazed what you can print for a bit fun or a handy tool.

Have downloaded a shed full of file's for printable Upgrade's for my Ender3.

Even the Boss has put her orders in lol and its not even built hopefully l'll get my printer later today.

I'v been doing a bit research on Youtube on my printer i.e setting it up, bed levelling and tips.

Downloaded latest firmware, Cura.

Will let yous know how l get on.:)

Back
Top Bottom