• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Older Gen Ryzen CPU

Soldato
Hi all

Seen a few older Gen Ryzen CPUs for sale lately, Was offered a 1500x for £80 on the local ads but not sure if they're OK for my board or will I need a newer CPU to get the correct BIOS etc

My board is a Aorus B450, if the older CPU would fit straight in with no issues I could save abit of cash instead of buying new for now

Cheers

Permabanned
just to be clear, i have seen 1600's selling for mid 90's, and 2600's selling for around 110

that would be a much better CPU, and depending on your need's wouldn't need replacing

Associate
Ryzen 2600 goes for less than 120 new some places, far better off just getting that and sticking with it. A 1500X is a much slower CPU, older, less cores, less threads. Spending 80 quid on that when a 2600 is not a huge amount more is a bit of a waste.

Back
Top Bottom