• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080TI Super when?

Associate
Looking at the current Nvidia 20 series I'm detecting a ripple in the force that says 2080TI Super Sept/Oct 2019 £999/$999 release. Nvidia have lost huge mindshare with the over priced RTX launch and reading enthusiast forums it's clear that people at the high end are refusing to bend over (apart from a relatively rich few) until next gen to replace 1080ti. They have to provide a clear intermediate upgrade path and knowing them they already have. 15% faster than 2080ti at 4K.
I'm calling it.

Associate
I think because the 2080S is looking to be a relatively small increase on the original so it will still leave a good gap to the 2080ti. It would be nice if they could offer something more for the £1k+ price tags they are asking.

Permabanned
Lazy, Bloated and arrogant that is Nvidia they are not going to sell them for £900. They will ask for £1099 again with a 2yr warranty lol...

One refresh has 8% gain the other has no sucessor so name me a time when you saw things that bad huh? 8% and no sucessor to the ti after one whole year?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Don't be so sure. Remember that the Pascal cards had first the Titan X and later the Titan Xp.
"During E3 NVIDIA invited a select group of media that got briefed on the Super cards, Guru3D was among that group. The lineup presented entailed the 2060, 2070 and 2080 SUPER models. Obviously, we asked NVIDIA if there was going to be a 2080 Ti SUPER short or long-term. The answer was very definitive, at that time NVIDIA had no plans for a Ti Super model and they are not planning one short or long-term either."

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/n...-is-not-going-to-happen-soon-(if-at-all).html

Soldato
Looking at the current Nvidia 20 series I'm detecting a ripple in the force that says 2080TI Super Sept/Oct 2019 £999/$999 release. Nvidia have lost huge mindshare with the over priced RTX launch and reading enthusiast forums it's clear that people at the high end are refusing to bend over (apart from a relatively rich few) until next gen to replace 1080ti. They have to provide a clear intermediate upgrade path and knowing them they already have. 15% faster than 2080ti at 4K.
I'm calling it.

There won't be any 2080Ti Super and is confirmed by Nvidia

Don't be so sure. Remember that the Pascal cards had first the Titan X and later the Titan Xp.

However the Titan X (Pascal) that came with the GTX1080 in 2016, having 30% perf uplift, and was actually the GTX1080Ti from February 2017, followed by a Titan Xp.
The difference between 2080 and 2080Ti is so vast, that even the 2080 Super cannot even cover 1/3 of the performance gap.
While the performance difference between RTX Titan and 2080Ti is barely noticeable (3%).

Soldato
The answer was very definitive, at that time NVIDIA had no plans for a Ti Super model and they are not planning one short or long-term either."

The operative words there are 'at that time'. If Nvidia see a market for a 2080 Ti Super then they'll exploit it.

Permabanned
Still easy to make one half the vram on the RTX Titan once the 2080ti sells out but when is that time? They need to time it right if the next 7nm is delayed it will be a bad delay.

So they will wait yep there was no 2080ti BUT let me get my leather jacket because you all kept asking for it and here it is our new 2080ti Super for £1099! But likely that is going to be Christmas fellas sadly. If you look for some events and know roughly when 7nm is due you could sort of work out how long it will be. Say a 11 month cycle until 7nm? That means before Christmas!

Associate
OP
There won't be any 2080Ti Super and is confirmed by Nvidia

However the Titan X (Pascal) that came with the GTX1080 in 2016, having 30% perf uplift, and was actually the GTX1080Ti from February 2017, followed by a Titan Xp.
The difference between 2080 and 2080Ti is so vast, that even the 2080 Super cannot even cover 1/3 of the performance gap.
While the performance difference between RTX Titan and 2080Ti is barely noticeable (3%).
I had a pair of those Titan Xp's and sold them in a hurry for 1080tis. I'm not spending that much on GPUs again, daft move in retrospect. I'm thinking a launch may well be closer to Xmas but Nvidia wouldn't call it 2080ti super which in itself is a mouthful. I can't see them waiting until 3080ti to fill out the higher end.

Last edited:
Soldato
RTX Titan is out now if you wanna splash the $, 2080tiS would be released if AMD dropped something better or close to 2080ti perf, tho can't see that happening anytime soon™️

Associate
For the last few gens I've gone for the top end card, but it's too much now. I'm one of those that's keeping my 1080Ti until a solid replacement at a reasonable price turns up.

Soldato
The last thing you would want is a Sti from Nvidia. :D

"The answer was very definitive, at that time NVIDIA had no plans for a Ti Super model and they are not planning one short or long-term either."

Pinch of salt at the ready. :p

Associate
Having owned and returned a 2080Ti twice, I'm sticking with my 1080 SLI setup till the true next gen arrives. It gives me the same (if not better) performance in 2D than a 2080Ti (RTX excluded), and I'm just not getting much VR time lately to justify the cost.

Soldato
Why would they release a card to replace a card that has no competition in the consumer space?????
They did with the Titan XP.
I'm doubtful but if they have a Titan RT parts bin building up, towards the end of the generation they may release a Ti refresh using it. My guess would be by end September or Oct if it's going to happen.
As for having "no market", I think the Ti is selling as well as Nvidia need so a refresh would have a market. It's still a limited purchase GPU from NV,ie, max 2 only per customer. At a price that makes the consumer happy they'd probably be permanently out of stock. My guess is they'd sell the refreshed TI at the same price point if it happens. Call it stock clearance

Last edited:
Soldato
They did with the Titan XP.
I'm doubtful but if they have a Titan RT parts bin building up, towards the end of the generation they may release a Ti refresh using it. My guess would be by end September or Oct if it's going to happen.
As for having "no market", I think the Ti is selling as well as Nvidia need so a refresh would have a market. It's still a limited purchase GPU from NV,ie, max 2 only per customer. At a price that makes the consumer happy they'd probably be permanently out of stock. My guess is they'd sell the refreshed TI at the same price point if it happens. Call it stock clearance

However, GTX2080 to Titan X had 30% gap, and Titan X became the next 1080ti with a new faster Titan Xp. Here the RTX Titan is barely 3% faster than the 2080ti. Chopping the RTX Titan you go nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom