Holiday pics. The sea is tricky to photograph.

Soldato
Took the Nikon D610 to Costa Calma, Fuerteventura (an island West of the Sahara).
Tried the Nikon kit zoom that came with the camera but its kinda terrible so stuck with a Sigma art 35mm f1.4 for most pics.
Took a while learn how take pics of the sea, 1/4000th at f16 :eek: Ended up taking dozens of pics -prey & spray of the sea spray.
Wish I could have taken a tripod, but 15kg & all :rolleyes:
Any useful critique would be helpful, thanks. Be kind :cool: only my 2nd holiday in 35yrs.
I showed them a colleague at work who asked to buy one on canvas & I thought of rounding up the charge to the next £5 of what it costs :rolleyes: -as a chance to get myself another larger print with the discount awarded :)
Nikon Image Share link to the shots:

My favourite which I had done on a larger canvas but that is not as contrasty.
tfP99Ld.jpg

Associate
Very nice! I'm no pro but I don't have a bad word to say about that. I appreciate it when people remember to level the horizon, so kudos to you.

Soldato
OP
The scene was already set, it was a case of taking multiple shots to get the waves right.
Even though the level indicator in camera was ok, all the shots had a wonky horizon so lost a little resolution in post to fix.

Back
Top Bottom