Now that's what I call obsolete #103

Soldato
It's not a obsolete format at all. Like many others I still buy CD's, Vinyl, DVD's and BluRays as I prefer to own the physical album/film. Yes I rip the cd's so I can just use a usb stick in the car but I listen to the actual CD in the house. I can usually pick up a CD for less than £2 for a used item that are mainly as new and it's more often than not cheaper than the digital version. It's all very convienient having only digital versions until the service provider calls it a day which is happening with UV and now Flixster as well. Give me the physical item anyday.

Not to mention that the physical copy is generally of a far better quality audio/video wise. Just look at Blu-ray/UHD movies in comparison to the low bitrate **** that passes for streaming.

Soldato
Take you long to come up with that response did it? Maybe an hour or two?

Thanks for contributing anyhow. It must be difficult for someone with your condition. So brave.

Is this post wrong though? Sales of CDs still make it worthwhile for labels to print them. FFS there's still people buying vinyl. Just because you don't understand something, doesn't make it unusual or weird

Caporegime
OP
Is this post wrong though? Sales of CDs still make it worthwhile for labels to print them. FFS there's still people buying vinyl. Just because you don't understand something, doesn't make it unusual or weird
You know what. This was a light-hearted thread and frankly screw all of you.

Everybody just wants to be complete ***** here. It's ... tiring. I'm losing the ability and the will to listen to this **** day in day out. Disagreement is fine but so many of you are complete biznitches about it.

Everybody just got to be abrasive and confrontational. In every thread.

I'm sorry but I'm really, really tired of many of you. Time for a break or just to find a community that isn't so **** awful most of the time.

Soldato
I don't think I've heard the music charts in years.

Most music sounds the same these days.

Apart from ripping music from CD's, the CD time as gone as a format on its own.

I wonder if they sell the NOW series on streaming services?

Man of Honour

Everybody just wants to be complete ***** here. It's ... tiring. I'm losing the ability and the will to listen to this **** day in day out. Disagreement is fine but so many of you are complete biznitches about it.

I'm sorry but I'm really, really tired of many of you. Time for a break or just to find a community that isn't so **** awful most of the time.
Aww man don’t go. ‘Against all odds’ from Now 3 came on as I read this.

It was very.... ‘meta’. Or something.

Soldato

If you haven't worked out what GD is like after 13 years...

Caporegime
Speaking of vinyl... Saw this last night. A few swearies.

Seems to just be perpetuating hi-fi myths tbh... vinyl isn't going to give the closest experience/most accurate reproduction etc.. a CD is an inherently better format and if you're fussier still then you can get hi-def FLAC files.

Some people like the sound of vinyl and that's cool, that's totally subjective and down to personal taste etc.. but there is a lot of BS that seems to be promoted by these early cut, keep things analogue etc.. types.

Caporegime

Everybody just wants to be complete ***** here. It's ... tiring. I'm losing the ability and the will to listen to this **** day in day out. [...]

Yikes, that response seems a bit excessive, no one was having a go at you personally and the poster you quoted made a pretty reasonable point.

Caporegime
OP
no one was having a go at you personally
I think you're mistaken. Especially when it tends to be the same people having a go every time.

Snide comments here, one-liners there. Perhaps it's intended to be "funny".

Perhaps I've changed and no longer enjoy the "vibe" in this place as much as I used to.

Frankly it's just a bunch of people trying desperately to feel happier about themselves by putting others down.

And that's what GD has always been, I guess. The humour is largely gone and all we have left here is a bunch of people being ****s to each other, day after day.

Like I said, it's tiring now. I'm getting old and I don't really see the enjoyment in everyone being so hostile and petty.

There's no reason to keep coming back here either. It's not entertaining, it's not funny, it's not enlightening... it's the same old, same old, poop flinging in every thread.

The same people having the same arguments and it's boring and sad. It undoubtedly brings out the worst in me too.

Man of Honour

Hilarious!

You started a rant thread about a compilation CD and people disagreed with you, I'm sure it's not the end of the world.

Go and wash the sand out of your vagina and have a cup of Horlicks and it will all feel better :)

Back
Top Bottom