• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

If next year's consoles do 4k/60..

Permabanned
I want lots of mods, higher customisation and flexibility generally, bigger library, etc. - so I want PC. Since switching to PC in 2006/7, I'll just buy 1-2 used consoles of each gen when they're ageing or are already outdated, for 10-20 exclusives each time round. Don't let myself chase the best graphics, so I only majorly upgrade every 4-6 years e.g. I'm running a 6-year-old 3570K, and a 1070 that will be close to 4 years when I upgrade to Ampere or Navi 20 next year. Early adoption and chasing the cutting edge generally - **** that.

Permabanned
Haven't paid much attention to it, but generally I'm wary of cloud gaming. However, confident that I'm safe for this upcoming hardware upgrade and it should last me 4+ years, but I'll see how things are then..

Permabanned
You don’t want google Stadia then lmao

No you do not imagine the power they would abuse to set the agenda look who owns Google. Now imagine them with Steam replaced by Stadia (the wet dream) now then you are not making woke games? Less Stadia for you! Whats that naughty things you said? No Stadia for you!

Look how Paypal and co all tend to swoop on people who are naughty, Games are another tool for them i really hope it never ever gets going and they lose a lot of money in the process. :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am looking forward to buying a PS5 myself. I skipped the PS3 and 4 and just borrowed them from family or friends to play a fee exclusives. But I think the PS5 will go nicely with a 4K VRR OLED next year, so will be getting that. Will still game on my PC, just maybe not as much. Still plan to buy at least a RTX 3070.

because when you experience 100-144 hz then 60hz makes you sad.
Didn’t make me sad. I had the option of keeping either my 60hz 4K monitor or the 1440p 144hz monitor and it was an easy choice keeping the 4K. Each to their own though, I don’t play online and play single player games mainly.

Not many posts are as pathetic as this. Impressive for what I assume is a grown man.
Agreed tbh. Got a Switch myself and loved Zelda.

Soldato
I am looking forward to buying a PS5 myself. I skipped the PS3 and 4 and just borrowed them from family or friends to play a fee exclusives. But I think the PS5 will go nicely with a 4K VRR OLED next year, so will be getting that. Will still game on my PC, just maybe not as much. Still plan to buy at least a RTX 3070.

Didn’t make me sad. I had the option of keeping either my 60hz 4K monitor or the 1440p 144hz monitor and it was an easy choice keeping the 4K. Each to their own though, I don’t play online and play single player games mainly.

60hz pfft that’s why we have 4K 120hz oleds now :p just need a 3080ti to actually drive it

Soldato
To rule out consoles for some bizarre reason is just silly.
A lot of the best games o have ever played have been on console only.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
60hz pfft that’s why we have 4K 120hz oleds now :p just need a 3080ti to actually drive it
As I said each to their own. The extra benefit I would get playing single player games just is not worth the outlay. The OLED will be for the living room, not my office ;)

Associate
I just like the controller and display flexibility of a PC. I can never make peace with a gamepad, and forget 4K - ultrawide and VR is where it's at for me personally.

The last and only console I've owned (unless you count an Intellivision from the early 80s) is the Wii because that was a different and unique experience.

Caporegime
60 FPS is a must!

No doubt some PC counterparts still look and perform better, however, some games like uncharted, days gone and especially HZD + spiderman look better than 98% of games on the PC imo. HDR implementation often works a lot better with console than PC too.

Best looking game I've probably played on PC would be division 1 + 2, assassins creed origin (odyssey graphics don't look as good to me) and star wars battlefront along with battlefield.

Soldato

I’ve had OLED for the past 2 years and would never buy anything else. They have their flaws like anything but the picture quality is amazing and I’ve tried nearly every top brand tv and the OLED still wins by far. Never had a problem with burn even with probably 500hrs+ of game usage by now.

I’d like the new C9 but I just can’t justify the cost for what it offers over what I have now. Next few years and it’s likely I’ll upgrade. The PC does 4k 60hz on everything I throw at it so VRR hasn’t been a huge issue for me.

This is still the video that sells it and it still wows me every time I use it. You will see a lot of videos comparing in the dark but this one from experience shows it well.

Same I enjoyed BOTW very much. Probably put 100hrs into that game and it was an excellent one from start to finish.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I’ve had OLED for the past 2 years and would never buy anything else. They have their flaws like anything but the picture quality is amazing and I’ve tried nearly every top brand tv and the OLED still wins by far. Never had a problem with burn even with probably 500hrs+ of game usage by now.

I’d like the new C9 but I just can’t justify the cost for what it offers over what I have now. Next few years and it’s likely I’ll upgrade. The PC does 4k 60hz on everything I throw at it so VRR hasn’t been a huge issue for me.

This is still the video that sells it and it still wows me every time I use it. You will see a lot of videos comparing in the dark but this one from experience shows it well.

Same I enjoyed BOTW very much. Probably put 100hrs into that game and it was an excellent one from start to finish.
Yeah, seen it in stores and a friend has an OLED, they are simply in their own class. C9 will drop in price by Black Friday, but I will likely pick it up in 9-10 months time, as usually that is when they are half the release price. Hoping to grab a 65” one for around £1500-1600. Not read any reviews, but as long as it does not have that Alexa or some other **** that spy’s on you, I will get it. Don’t want a microphone on my tv...

Will check out that video soon, thanks. I went for Plasma over LCD back in the day and been very happy with my LG Plasma. Probably why I never rushed to upgrade all this time, also still most the content I watch is 1080p. Had 4K on my monitor since 2014, but never watch movies on it.

4K is not as hard to drive as some people make out if all you need is 60fps. With a few tweaks to settings it is easy to achieve on most games if you have around GTX 1080 class performance. I have said it many times, games look much better on high setting at 4K than on Ultra on 1440p.

Caporegime

+1

OLED has been my best purchase ever, it really has transformed gaming for me, OLED > HDR > resolution > refresh rate

Currently playing assassins creed odyssey in HDR and it looks stunning on the OLED TV.

The other thing that is superb with OLED is the motion, so much better than the way LCD displays handle the motion, even high refresh rate LCDs.

Plasma is great but OLED is in a whole other league.

My advice is don't wait around for the next best thing otherwise you'll be waiting forever, with how cheap OLED is getting now, now is a great time to pick one up.

Soldato
To rule out consoles for some bizarre reason is just silly.
A lot of the best games o have ever played have been on console only.
So true, unfortunately.
I wish Sony would start releasing their AAA next gen titles on PC. But that's wishful thinking...
I'm looking forward to the next Gran Turismo. It's suppose to be ray traced as well...This I gotta see.

Man of Honour

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Soldato
Like I've been saying, GPU prices are gonna take an absolute walloping in the next year. You're not gonna sell $699 2080 Supers when the whole console is going to come at $499 (or $599 at worst) and beat the 2080S. Expect <=$500 2080 Ti performance with next cards. Either that or Nvidia says bye-bye to its revenue.

Soldato
Like I've been saying, GPU prices are gonna take an absolute walloping in the next year. You're not gonna sell $699 2080 Supers when the whole console is going to come at $499 (or $599 at worst) and beat the 2080S. Expect <=$500 2080 Ti performance with next cards. Either that or Nvidia says bye-bye to its revenue.
Win-win then. Either we get next gen console + OLED for less than the price of a PC upgrade or we get sub $500 top end GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom