Now that's what I call obsolete #103

Man of Honour
Before (I think?) the Now series were "The Hits Album" series of compilations - I still have the Hits Album 10 which I bought on vinyl in 1989.
It has a little scratch on the penultimate track on one side (Beatmasters featuring Merlin - "Who's In The House?") - instead of the last line saying "Get on the floor and look real....sexy" it just loops "Get on the floor and look real... get on the floor and look real... " :D

Edit: Not before, they ran at the same sort of times

Man of Honour
Before (I think?) the Now series were "The Hits Album" series of compilations - I still have the Hits Album 10 which I bought on vinyl in 1989.
It has a little scratch on the penultimate track on one side (Beatmasters featuring Merlin - "Who's In The House?") - instead of the last line saying "Get on the floor and look real....sexy" it just loops "Get on the floor and look real... get on the floor and look real... " :D

Edit: Not before, they ran at the same sort of times

I have Now 1-15 and Hits 1 + 2 and Now 1 was released in 1983 with Hits 1 following in 1984. I started losing interest in pop music when house and rap came around and by the start of the 90's had lost interest altogether in pop music and switched over to almost nothing but rock music. For me the last half of the 70's and first half of the 80's were the best pop music years. There is too much garbage churned out these days.

Soldato
Given that the music isn't going to appeal to anyone over 12, and youngsters and oldies alike ditched CDs years ago...

How are they still in business selling crap music on an obsolete format?
Because the majority of their sales are and have always been to parents and grandparents looking for something a primary schooler would like.

Sorry, it's not us, it's you :p
It's really not.

And it's quite sad the way this forum has gone :(

Soldato
Me with my paper round money?
It was more of a rhetorical question, but for reference the vast majority of Now albums were always bought as gifts (Christmas/Birthday/etc) for children, hence them using a bi-annual release format specifically to take advantage of this.

V F

V F

Soldato
It's really not.

And it's quite sad the way this forum has gone :(

Place any logo on the top left and you've nearly described just about every forum out there. Same topics, same discussions, same squabbling, same arguments. Forums are no longer forums anymore but a disguise of the hostility and rants/whinging and bitching of the social media sites.

Me with my paper round money? Which I'd then listen to the albums while doing my paper round.

Maybe your parents and grandparents bought you everything, but that's not the case for a lot of people.

Yeah, I also bought them with my own money. Walkman days though. :D

Rare it was but sometimes I did get a new Now CD for Christmas from parents.

Funny, I just found this CD in my old stash.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was more of a rhetorical question, but for reference the vast majority of Now albums were always bought as gifts (Christmas/Birthday/etc) for children, hence them using a bi-annual release format specifically to take advantage of this.
"For reference"? I assume you have some numbers to back up such a statement. Did only kids born in the summer get certain Now albums?

Soldato
Nowt wrong with now albums, although the last one I bought was now 25

They have officially put them on Spotify now so I assume some streaming revenue is going there way

Soldato
What does that matter? Has nothing to do with presents and what people got at Christmas. Juding by that, judging by this.
I was literally talking about buying these albums myself with money I earnt from a paper round, and you were like "lol nobody did that u dik". You weren't even born let alone of working age in the heyday of the Now albums so no wonder mummy and daddy bought them for you. ;)

Permabanned
I was literally talking about buying these albums myself with money I earnt from a paper round, and you were like "lol nobody did that u dik". You weren't even born let alone of working age in the heyday of the Now albums so no wonder mummy and daddy bought them for you. ;)

I would never buy them! That's cool if you purchased them from you paper round. Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom