The Perfect Phone

Soldato
The perfect phone never seems to exist, and there is no reason that it shouldn't. I would like a device with the following:

6.2-6.4" OLED 90hz notchless screen.
The camera from the P30 Pro
Oxygen OS
8Gb RAM/256GB ROM
4000+ mah battery.
Stereo Speakers
In display fingerprint scanner.

Anything else isn't a deal breaker for me. What list of features, made up from existing/feasible technology would make your perfect phone?

Soldato
There is no "perfect phone" because the manufacturers are running out of features to upsell to people. Until they work the folding screen thing out, we're set for several generations of marginal improvements.

For me, the P20 Pro is close enough though. I'd like Qi charging. Beyond that, I see the rest as nice things to have.

Soldato
I just can't wait until we get the next generation of batteries amongst all the currently potential technologies in the works.

Flagship phone that can at least last a heavy usage day without having to tweak things would be nice. P30 Pro came close to that but it was at a cost of a screen resolution and at times aggressive app management.

Soldato
OP
There is no "perfect phone" because the manufacturers are running out of features to upsell to people.

I was more thinking about perfect phones when picking from existing tech. The list of features I want are all available now but spread amongst different phones. If those features were available in one place I’d be ecstatic!

Soldato
I was more thinking about perfect phones when picking from existing tech. The list of features I want are all available now but spread amongst different phones. If those features were available in one place I’d be ecstatic!

If those features were all available in one place, there's a real chance you'd have no reason to upgrade in 12-36 months time, unless folding phones are a real thing by then.

Soldato
I just can't wait until we get the next generation of batteries amongst all the currently potential technologies in the works.

Flagship phone that can at least last a heavy usage day without having to tweak things would be nice. P30 Pro came close to that but it was at a cost of a screen resolution and at times aggressive app management.

Pixel 3 battery life is absolutely crap.

The camera is so good that I forgive the former massive flaw.

Man of Honour
The perfect phone never seems to exist, and there is no reason that it shouldn't. I would like a device with the following:

6.2-6.4" OLED 90hz notchless screen.
The camera from the P30 Pro
Oxygen OS
8Gb RAM/256GB ROM
4000+ mah battery.
Stereo Speakers
In display fingerprint scanner.

Anything else isn't a deal breaker for me. What list of features, made up from existing/feasible technology would make your perfect phone?
That's basically the p7pro, in real life use I actually find the camera on this better than the p30 as it doesn't sharpen images to death and wash out colours.

Soldato
OP
That's basically the p7pro, in real life use I actually find the camera on this better than the p30 as it doesn't sharpen images to death and wash out colours.

Which phone is this? The only p7pro my google efforts turn up is an Allview product from the dawn of time, with none of the features I mentioned.

Soldato
5.8 inch, 18:9, 1080p AMOLED display, with super low reflectance, 90 Hz refresh and covered by flat ceramic. Don't mind a bit of a chin and forehead - Galaxy S8/S9 is perfect in this regard.
6GB of RAM + 128GB fast storage
Apple's latest SOC
Oxygen OS/Equivalent
3500 mAh+
Pixel camera but with manual controls too, telephoto and wide angle of equal quality
iPhone mics
Headphone jack + stereo speakers
IP68
Metal back
Face ID

Back
Top Bottom