2019/20 Pre Season Thread

Soldato
Arsenal were lucky Fiorentina are rubbish in attack. We look absolutely dreadful at the back. Took 90 seconds for us to gift them an attack and happened loads more. We look so disorganised as a unit even without all the individual errors. Not sure about any of our youngsters either. Even Nketiah looks pretty average outside the box.

Associate
3-0 to the Arsenal wasn't a fully accurate representation of the match, although we did create the better chances and were more clinical.

The defending was on par with last season and Mustafi had a nightmare, with Monreal barely any better. He seems to be on the exit hitlist, but for me Chambers is worth a number in this Arsenal squad. The youngsters represented well: Nelson was quiet, Nketiah clinical but suffered from lack of hold-up at times. Saka has skills and is lively, but Willock looks the pick of the bunch. I liked what I saw of him last season and he made a difference in his cameo yesterday, powerful and driving from midfield. As with much of Arsenal's business, I do wonder why we target a certain profile of player. For example, Zaha: we have a number of widemen and arguably four young talents who could be an asset to the squad with the right minutes and guidance, and that's before we even factor in Martinelli. Yes an experienced player like Zaha would be an upgrade on the first-team players, but it's not a priority. Every penny we have should be targeted at shoring up the backline and then bringing through the academy players to flesh out the attack. Instead, we look to target an overpriced winger and likely pay £27m for a young defender to get no immediate use from him - and possibly not upgrade on top of that.

And that's before even discussing loaning Ceballos.

Really, it's baffling.

Don
OP
Phenomenal ****housery from Sevilla in our game tonight. Two players booked for discent, the 1st of which (Banega) would have been a red had it not been a pre-season game and then the 2nd lad followed up his booking with a lunge straight through the back of Ox, again only escaping a red as its pre-season.

Caporegime
It wasn’t even a tackle, it was a kick with full intent to hit him. Absolutely vile. Any news on the boy? He didn’t look in too much pain, no gas or oxygen, I hope he’s ok.

Soldato
It wasn’t even a tackle, it was a kick with full intent to hit him. Absolutely vile. Any news on the boy? He didn’t look in too much pain, no gas or oxygen, I hope he’s ok.
Was on crutches after the game, seems were saying he is lucky in that it's not worse but not said what it exactly is yet.

On another note I was unable to watch the last two pre seasons games but whilst I get its pre season still slightly concerned that we lost them both

Last edited:
Caporegime
That was absolutely filthy, basically assault. If I did that in the street I’d be getting arrested, dirty ****

In a friendly as well, disgraceful.

What a goal by Kane :eek:

Don
OP
Fell asleep early in the 2nd half but not surprised to hear what went on to happen. Banega got away with an elbow on Wilson right on half time too. Crazy behaviour for a side in pre-season.

Don
OP
We need to pick friendlier friendly opponents. After the crazy Sevilla game a Lisbon defender's just 2 footed Wijnaldum.

Back
Top Bottom