• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R20 benchmark Thread ***

Soldato
Number of cores has nothing to do with it, 3600 is getting the crap silicone that's why it needs more volts to sustain higher clocks, mine does. Either way None of the Zen 2 chips can clock for toffee and I'm fine with that.

I just figured it wouldn't be SO much worse and the fewer cores might give it an advantage.

Oh well. Very glad I went with a 3900x for sure.

Associate
Please don’t bork your perfectly good chips guys, just for a few extra epeen points. Really isn’t worth the hassle.

Its just for fun, Im persoally not going to push it to crazy limits for a score. I am sure he is not going to either (I hope).

It depends what a crazy limit is :D

nice score @Nghtmare. That's gonna be tricky to beat. I'm consoling myself with I'm on a 3700x :D

Soldato
Someone explain to me why on the cinebench logic, with the various comparisons, does it show a xeon x5650 as a 12c 24t cpu scoring blah at 2.66ghz....
I've a x5650 in my system, currently at 3.8-4.2ghz, and the naughty thing is a 6c 12t processor
scoring approx. 1800 or so in the multi thread
Are they showing a dual processor system without realising it?

Soldato
Someone explain to me why on the cinebench logic, with the various comparisons, does it show a xeon x5650 as a 12c 24t cpu scoring blah at 2.66ghz....
I've a x5650 in my system, currently at 3.8-4.2ghz, and the naughty thing is a 6c 12t processor
scoring approx. 1800 or so in the multi thread
Are they showing a dual processor system without realising it?

Yes I'm guessing it's a dual socket system.

Associate
It depends what a crazy limit is :D

nice score @Nghtmare. That's gonna be tricky to beat. I'm consoling myself with I'm on a 3700x :D
They chips are performing really well
Be extremely careful, the max safe voltage for these Zen2 chips is 1.325v for full load, and upto 1.48v for light workloads, Cinebench is a full load benchmark.
Is this official information?

Associate
Soldato
I haven't monitored my PC on Auto but I know it goes all the way to 1.475 give or take according to HWInfo. If anything happens to it Im contacting Asrock for messing up their voltage values.

1.475v is fine for single core a low load, its 1.325v for heavy load, ive just been checking mine and set the LLC accordingly, my Cinebench scores are the same, so ive manually set the voltage to 1.375v, any lower and I get a performance drop in Cinebench etc results, when its running full load benchmarks, its drooping to 1.328v which is close enough for me.

Apparently Hardware unboxed killed a 3900X in a few mins testing voltages.

Associate
1.475v is fine for single core a low load, its 1.325v for heavy load, ive just been checking mine and set the LLC accordingly, my Cinebench scores are the same, so ive manually set the voltage to 1.375v, any lower and I get a performance drop in Cinebench etc results, when its running full load benchmarks, its drooping to 1.328v which is close enough for me.
Im going to check C20, along with a few games today to see how much it uses on heavy loads.

Soldato
Im going to check C20, along with a few games today to see how much it uses on heavy loads.

Apparently games arnt considered as heavy load, they load your GPU not CPU, as for hardware unboxed, the news is, they adjusted the LLC to lock in the voltages a bit tighter whilst leaving the voltages on Auto which is what killed it, others are are saying they had a faulty chip.

Use CPU-z or RyZen master to monitor your voltages, they are the only apps capable of doing it correctly at the moment until apps get updated.

EDIT: HWInfo beta has some changes coming up that monitor temps a bit better, v6.09 3855

Associate
Apparently games arnt considered as heavy load, they load your GPU not CPU, as for hardware unboxed, the news is, they adjusted the LLC to lock in the voltages a bit tighter whilst leaving the voltages on Auto which is what killed it, others are are saying they had a faulty chip.

Use CPU-z or RyZen master to monitor your voltages, they are the only apps capable of doing it correctly at the moment until apps get updated.
Mines on CPU Z go down all the way to 0.9XX, even seen 0.2XX on Idle. Ive left everything Auto (voltages, LLC) for a few days now since I consider that is the best way. I tried adding an Offset but seems to affect performance and AMD recommended not to do it.

Back
Top Bottom