FIFA 19

Soldato
First weekend ever that I've got to play WL.
Man I suck at Fifa.
I'd love to get, what is it, Silver 1? So I auto qualify for next weeks, but currently struggling to get any wins, so still Bronze 2. Lost a few games I really shoulda won but made a slip-up that let them in. Did just win a game 10-9 on penalties (3-3 full score), that's nerve wracking!
First 5 games seemed much harder, are the match-ups more random for the first 5 games?

I just seemed to get tackled so easily, is there a defensive setting I'm not using as they often seem to walk through my defence without using skill moves.

Don
OP
I wanted to get to 1000 wins then call it a day. I've played 19 daily since it's release but I'm not sure it's ever been an enjoyable experience, just playing it as there is naff all to play on the PS4! They need to think of new ideas for FUT, not just rely on stupid cards to entice you in. It's been the same for years now, bring back the gold tournament at least.

Finished stats from the three most enjoyably players to use.

Neymar Played 1309 Goals 749
CR7 P 677 G 581
Eusebio P 474 G 373

I'm not looking forward to 20 really, just totally disillusioned with it all.

Soldato
So I realise that this isn't going to be impressive for most of you guys but I made it to Silver 1!
I believe that gets me into the next weekend league which I'm really happy about as it takes me forever to earn the points in rivals due to me being so bad (and Div 6).
If anyone accused me of being carried by my team I'd absolutely hold my hands up to that, but I'm not the only one at this level with a good team.

In case any of you need cheering up before Monday and want a laugh, my record is 11-12. Now as much as I'd like to finish Gold 3, I don't think I have the time or remaining games required to get 3 more wins.

EDIT:
OK, question for you kind people.
I'm not getting on with Mane on the left wing (I think I've mentioned it). So I've been looking at a replacement and I'm torn between:
Prime Rivaldo
Mid Stoichkov
Prime Nedved (much more expensive though)
Headliners Sane

Has anyone used any of them and what are you opinions (would be great if you've used more than one for comparison reasons).

My idea is to probably play them LM in a 4-1-2-1-2 (the wide one), but maybe then switch it around and move them up front, moving Flashback Firmino into CAM and TOTS Bernardo Silve into LM (I find Silva's WF can be annoying in a CAM role)

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
i tried stoichkov and he is a decent striker but tires out easily on the wing (great left peg scored some absolute stunners), i had mid nedved and he was stellar on the wing and especially at cam i actually just replaced him with sane who is a handful. i wouldn't use rivaldo just because of the weak foot but thats me everyone is different.

Soldato
The week foot is the big thing stopping me from getting Rivaldo I think. That's where Nedved is really appealing, especially if I moved him to CF or CAM.
But I think Sane is the cheapest too, which is nice. Not a strong WF either though (not awful either), same as Stoichkov. As a left winger he probably won't need a great right foot though. Not sure how well Sane would do up front though, but not a big issue.

Mane actually has 4* WF (and is right footed), maybe he'd work OK up front? Lacks a bit of height though (but I often use Messi upfront and it's not a huge isue)

Soldato
Right - can anyone help me put a team together? I've got a load of players I want to use, and am undecided how best to fit them in.

My "must use" players are:
- FB Bobby
- TOTS Militao

I have TOTS Allison at GK

Then at CB I also have FB Luiz, TOTS De Ligt, TOTS Laporte - I could use any of them.

At RB I have FB Alves or TOTS Da Costa

At LB I have 91 Alonso who I'd probably use but isn't essential (could buy someone else if need be).

Midfield I have TOTY Van de Beek who I really really like but isn't absolutely essential. I have 90 De Rossi, and also have (untradeable) Futties Kovacic, 94 Iniesta and 94 Verrati who I like less. Tradeable, I have 85 Blanc, 88 Kante, and 93 Cazorla (Cazorla is ace, would like him in my team if possible)

Up top I have 95 Torres, 87 Doumbia both of whom I really like. I have 94 Aspas who I like less, and also have tradeable 92 Cavani (only got him for the Kimpembe Futties objective, but he's absolutely banging them in and may keep him). Wingers, I have 88 MBappe, 90 Bamba, and 91 Onyekuru.

I have about 200k to spend but could happily sell any of the tradeables listed above - reckon I could end up with around 750-800k if necessary. I only bought the Ligue 1 players for the Kimpembe challenge, which I've nearly completed (so will have him UT soon as well).

So ... any suggestions? I'm at a bit of a loss with options etc, and trying to force Torres in is making it more difficult

Soldato
Looking for an upgrade on 87 Werner, looking at either his 90 HL version or maybe an icon, I have the coins and players to do PIM Hernandez and PIM Shearer in particular.

I also quite the look of FS Havertz just converted to a ST but medium/medium is something I haven't tried.

I have Futties Promes and EOEA Robben as LW and RW.

Soldato
Right - can anyone help me put a team together? I've got a load of players I want to use, and am undecided how best to fit them in.

My "must use" players are:
- FB Bobby
- TOTS Militao

I have TOTS Allison at GK

Then at CB I also have FB Luiz, TOTS De Ligt, TOTS Laporte - I could use any of them.

At RB I have FB Alves or TOTS Da Costa

At LB I have 91 Alonso who I'd probably use but isn't essential (could buy someone else if need be).

Midfield I have TOTY Van de Beek who I really really like but isn't absolutely essential. I have 90 De Rossi, and also have (untradeable) Futties Kovacic, 94 Iniesta and 94 Verrati who I like less. Tradeable, I have 85 Blanc, 88 Kante, and 93 Cazorla (Cazorla is ace, would like him in my team if possible)

Up top I have 95 Torres, 87 Doumbia both of whom I really like. I have 94 Aspas who I like less, and also have tradeable 92 Cavani (only got him for the Kimpembe Futties objective, but he's absolutely banging them in and may keep him). Wingers, I have 88 MBappe, 90 Bamba, and 91 Onyekuru.

I have about 200k to spend but could happily sell any of the tradeables listed above - reckon I could end up with around 750-800k if necessary. I only bought the Ligue 1 players for the Kimpembe challenge, which I've nearly completed (so will have him UT soon as well).

So ... any suggestions? I'm at a bit of a loss with options etc, and trying to force Torres in is making it more difficult

Best I can come up with (no pun intended):
6N6O7EB.png
Loyalty should bump everyone to 10 except Cazorla who I'm afraid will only be on 8.
Obviously any Prem or Icon LM/LW/LF will work.
On the right wing I think it's basically some version of Best or Figo, I've used neither but Best seems more popular.
Hopefully that's under budget.

That formation is just to get chemistry, hopefully you can make your preferred formation work with those players?

Soldato
Nice, looks good! May get NIF Hazard instead of Sane to save some coins but otherwise will try to give it a go!

Although I'm beginning to lose my **** with Blanc, his passing is horrible. I've been switching him with David Luiz in game recently.

Soldato
I guess you could replace Blanc with any Spanish player playing in the Premiership.
Limited choices though, David Silva or the 86 MOTM Deulofeu are options, unless you did the 89 Mata (CAM) SBC.
Or you could sell Blanc and buy someone else for that role, Prime Roy Keane is in that sort of price range.

While talking about CDM/box-to-box midfielder types, is Mid Icon Vieira better than Prime Rijkaard if playing as a solo CM/CDM?

Soldato
I guess you could replace Blanc with any Spanish player playing in the Premiership.
Limited choices though, David Silva or the 86 MOTM Deulofeu are options, unless you did the 89 Mata (CAM) SBC.
Or you could sell Blanc and buy someone else for that role, Prime Roy Keane is in that sort of price range.

While talking about CDM/box-to-box midfielder types, is Mid Icon Vieira better than Prime Rijkaard if playing as a solo CM/CDM?
Not sure, i think id opt for Prime Rijkaard unless its Vieria Prime for me, id also Opt for Moments Petit over Prime Rijkaard though too.

Soldato
Best I can come up with (no pun intended):
6N6O7EB.png
Loyalty should bump everyone to 10 except Cazorla who I'm afraid will only be on 8.
Obviously any Prem or Icon LM/LW/LF will work.
On the right wing I think it's basically some version of Best or Figo, I've used neither but Best seems more popular.
Hopefully that's under budget.

That formation is just to get chemistry, hopefully you can make your preferred formation work with those players?

Had a change of plan...thinking 5-3-2:

Alisson

Alonso-Luiz-Militao-Kimpembe-Alves

Firmino-Butragueno-FS Aouar

Cazorla-Torres

Everyone on full chem except Militao. Planning to move Militao to LB in game and Alonso to CDM.

Ree

Ree

Associate
well that was a first for me. was shocked to see his buy now was so high so i chanced it as i had only one on market and surprisingly it went.

6170eddde0a9050907f73d5a9a867064.png

Soldato
I sold a Cardiff silver for 23k a few days ago - league SBCs are super high at the moment with the addition of new players

Definitely worth doing a club check and selling whilst they’re high!

Back
Top Bottom