What's your favourite games publisher?

Soldato
Sierra were brilliant.

Odin on the 8 bits (Nodes of Yesod / Arc of Yesod and Robin of the Wood amongst others!)

Ultimate again on the 8 bits (Atic Atac / Jetpack / Lunar Jetman / Sabrewulf / etc)

M.

Permabanned
Back in the day there were a couple of games publishers that I always associated with good games. If I saw they were publishing a game I would buy it and know its likely to be good.

For me Microprose was that company. From my days on the C64, then to the Amiga and then on to the PC I always knew their games would be quality.

I looked on the wikipages about the games they published and these are a selection of the most memorable ones from back then;

Airborne Ranger
Covert Action
F-19 Stealth Fighter
Falcon 4.0
Midwinter II
Gunship
Microprose Soccer
Sid Meier's Civilization
Sid Meier's Covert Action
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon
Silent Service

Did any of you guys have a favourite publisher back in the day? Or even a favourite game series you liked?
Id pay good money for a up to date version of Gunship made by Microprose

Soldato
FTL only really made one dcecent game but what a game it was Dungeon Master on ST and Amiga

They also made Oids on the Atari ST, which was a pretty damn good game, fondly remembered by me. Based on rescuing people from a planet surface with a ship in a inertia/gravity system, in an asteroids type vibe.

Soldato
Id pay good money for a up to date version of Gunship made by Microprose

They remade it circa 1999, a direct sequel by Microprose. https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/gunship-

Ill go one better and profess to owning it on the 48k. Remembering it well because I had the Kixx re-release in which 'somehow' they crammed the entire manual and some other bumf (I think) in to a single cassette case. You had absolutely no chance of getting it back in:)

Soldato
Microprose hands down. Their flight sims, sub sims, tank sims, golf sims, civ sims, were the best thing about gaming on Amiga in the late 80s/early 90s. Such a golden age for gaming.

What I'd give for remakes of those absolute bangers;

Gunship
B17 Flying Fortress
Silent Service
M1 Tank Platoon
Knights Of The Sky
F15 Strike Eagle
Stealth Fighter
Sid Meirers Pirates.
And eadily a dozen more

Back
Top Bottom