Thinking of buying this house but what could I do to this garden

Associate
Hi guy
I need your help, the house it got everything we need but I really hate the garden. I would like grass if possible. What would you guys suggest ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CCEtzU7tP09b4XbzuypH-P9UkC5ECMdV/view?usp=sharing

Associate
Can do what you like with it really but to be honest, if I liked the house that much, I'd worry about getting the offer on the table and completing before worrying about the garden.
The garden is something that can be done slow time and is low maintenance with decent storage for now.

Soldato
I took 28t of concrete and slabs out of my back garden, it looked very similar to yours although very overgrown. Now we have 80m² of grass and a couple of seating areas. It was lots of back breaking work with a jack hammer and wheelbarrow but we'll worth it in the long run.

Soldato
Yep going to be a lot of work and rubble but looking at next doors grass it seems possible to grow it there. But a lot of work involved. Id suggest a terrace at the top, keep the slabs as a patio and grass the rest and paint the walls white or something light.

Associate
You can pretty much do what you like, ultimately it’s down to what your personal taste is, what you want to use the space for and budget.

The only thing which springs to mind is access to the rear of your property, the garden looks like it’s surrounded on all sides by other properties, if you have no access down the side of yours it may be problematic.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing

Soldato
in my entirely inexperienced eye, remove the walls after the first 'level', remove the fences running along the central path, remove flags and grass the middle tier, in the long run replace the shed for a purpose built garage.

Soldato
There's lots of possibilities with that garden, does it have any access apart from through the house though?

You'd want to lift a lot of those slabs and get rid of a chunk of fencing to open it up i'd have thought then depending on whats under the slabs either dig it out and then bring in a few tones of top soil and it could be a lovely terraced garden.

Those sheds look a bit ramshackle from that view so maybe get rid of them and just have a standard shed which would make it feel a lot bigger.

Soldato
How is artificial grass chavvy? Many people have it now. Looks good, low maintenance and is unaffected by weather. It’s good stuff if you do it right.

I think it's largely that with all the environmental awareness, especially recently it seems a bit poor taste to actively choose to introduce a large amount of plastic in to the environment and actively displace any wildlife that was there or could be there. Plus it does generally look terrible, like someone has laid some green carpet over their yard, i've yet to see artificial grass that actually looks convincing regardless of the moral and environmental implications of it.

Back
Top Bottom