• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Caporegime
Soldato
Not sure, but if you submit an eticket here (step 2) most likely someone from the workstation team will be able to advise. It won't be cheap as its a server GPU that has no display outputs so not sure what you would use it for. :D

https://www.amd.com/en/products/professional-graphics/radeon-pro-v340
I would use my onboard igpu to boot and then tell windows to use it as the primary card.
I learnt this from linus tech tips when they do the same with a display less nvidia card.
Thanks for the info wattmatt!

Permabanned
Errr :confused: :( :o :rolleyes:

I bought my R9 380 4GB for €230.
Today they want €400 for the vanilla RX 5700 and €450 for the XT version. Meh!

R9 380 is a larger GPU, mind you! 366 sq.mm vs the tiny 251 sq.mm Navi 10.

Permabanned
Not only that, but the card is 4 slots high and passively cooled by extreme through-draft!

xh6SzjJ.png

The fanless card requires excellent airflow around it. You can't simply slap it in the case and expect from it to work flawlessly.
It requires air conditioning, at the very least.

Permabanned
Not sure how reliable this news is tbh. At the same time like GTX I dont see the point in raytracing for these GPU tbh

Awful news. We need 4K gaming en masse, not all kind of silly gimmicks and eye candies with doubtful value which lower to 720p the resolutions.

RTX Titan has only 72 RT cores, of course its ray-tracing performance will be extremely weak.
If they make it, at least try to make it quality, not awful.

Associate
Awful news. We need 4K gaming en masse, not all kind of silly gimmicks and eye candies with doubtful value which lower to 720p the resolutions.

RTX Titan has only 72 RT cores, of course its ray-tracing performance will be extremely weak.
If they make it, at least try to make it quality, not awful.

It's a rushed technology, and it shows. The necessary hardware to run it properly either doesn't exist yet, or is too expensive for the mass market. Pushing 4K acceptance would have been far more practical!

Permabanned
If advanced graphics techniques are stooopid compared to sheer resolution, then why can no 4K game look as realistic as a 1080p Blu-ray movie?

Because the aim in game development is animation, not photo-realism. I have asked this previously and game developers said that the aim was never photo-realism.

Back
Top Bottom