Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Don
I can do naught by apologise for my ill thought examples. I'm sorry.
Apology accpeted ;)

But seriously, how often do you see a transfer of a player the club doesn't want to sell go smoothly? Relative to what we've seen with other transfers, Coutinho didn't do that much wrong and neither did even Sterling (his agent aside of course).

Associate
Apology accpeted ;)

But seriously, how often do you see a transfer of a player the club doesn't want to sell go smoothly? Relative to what we've seen with other transfers, Coutinho didn't do that much wrong and neither did even Sterling (his agent aside of course).

How about Ronaldo to Madrid/Juve? I don't remember anything particularly about those transfers but my memory is terrible so I could be wrong!

Soldato
I'm pretty sure with the United > Madrid move there was a gentlemens agreement in place for him to play for another year and then United would sanction the move as he'd always been very vocal about it being his dream to play for Real Madrid. He didn't kick up a fuss to force the move through.

Don
How about Ronaldo to Madrid/Juve? I don't remember anything particularly about those transfers but my memory is terrible so I could be wrong!
I'm pretty sure with the United > Madrid move there was a gentlemens agreement in place for him to play for another year and then United would sanction the move as he'd always been very vocal about it being his dream to play for Real Madrid. He didn't kick up a fuss to force the move through.
Ronaldo didn't kick up a fuss? :eek:

He had Taggart chasing him to Portugal trying to convince him to stay after he'd claimed (or at least agreed with Blatter) that Utd were treating him as a slave by not allowing him to join Real. Utd then had to report Real to FIFA over the situation and a few months before the deal was announced Fergie was coming out with things like "I wouldn't even sell them a virus".

Regarding the Juve move, how many times did Ronaldo throw his toys out of the pram, flirted with other clubs only to get a new bumper contract before he eventually joined Juve? It felt like he signed a new deal at Real after almost joining somebody else every 6 months.

Soldato
Zidane stated want bale out and working on it, look I know he has had his injuries but how Zidane seems to treat him in the public eye is shocking, bale has scored very important goals for them in his time there.

Do wonder what club he will end up at since it sounds like they have one in mind

Caporegime
Zidane stated want bale out and working on it, look I know he has had his injuries but how Zidane seems to treat him in the public eye is shocking, bale has scored very important goals for them in his time there.

Do wonder what club he will end up at since it sounds like they have one in mind

Not many would want to pay his wages I wouldn't have thought, didn't he get an offer a while back from China? That's where my money would be on him going.

Soldato
Not many would want to pay his wages I wouldn't have thought, didn't he get an offer a while back from China? That's where my money would be on him going.

More than likely but I don't understand why in Madrid he is booed the way he is etc, he wasn't never gonna be the Ronaldo they wanted him to become but he is dam good player, got them multiple important goals

If anything besides hazard who they just got I don't think there other wingers are even close to his level

Back
Top Bottom