*** The official Apple September Event Thread - Tuesday 10th September 2019 ***

Soldato
YYlkaYr.jpeg

I think it's about time for a dedicated thread for Apple's now traditional September product launches.

What could we be getting?

Likely:
  • iPhone Refresh
  • Apple Watch Refresh
  • iOS 13 Release
  • iPad OS Release
  • macOS Catalina Release
Unlikely:
  • iPad Pro Refresh
  • 16" Macbook Pro with OLED screen
  • iMac Pro refresh
  • Mac Mini refresh
  • Mac Pro release
  • Apple TV refresh
  • New Homepod
  • AirPods '2'

Lets kick things off with the new iPhone's:

The rear of the mock up looks pretty ugly, I really don't like how the camera bump dominates the rear. The Apple logo looks wrong in that place, it needs to be much lower. However its looking like that's what the new design will be.

I'm still rocking a 6S and its getting frustratingly slow, I really could do with an update. Lets see what pricing will be like, especially if the £ is still low...

Man of Honour
I've just remembered that my new job will be giving me a new iPhone, I'm expecting it to be the XS or XR so I'll probably just use that and sell my X.

Soldato
There are the cables, but the main thing for me - certainly for my iPad - is the ability to power an external hdd from it and transfer data both ways. This is fantastic for how I use the device, as it means I can get rid of my MBP. If the iPhone aligns, so much the better.

Caporegime
Probably skip this generation of iPhones and wait for next year. By then my upgrade plan will be available for me to take one.

Still happy with my Xs at the moment, does everything I need it to and still is quick.

Soldato
I wonder if they ever got the twin antennae design working in the series 4 watch.

As for the iPhone (just like all other phones), unless there’s some significant new developments in display, case material and battery technologies, we’re unlikely to see any vast performance or form factor changes.

Associate
See what the 11R brings. If it offers a 1080p screen I maybe tempted away from Android.
I enjoy my IPad experience and have got my new pro today.
My Mum has just got the Xr and it’s a nice device, but it’s camera isn’t quite as good as my current Galaxy S9.

Associate
I've seen a fair few of the rumours and it seems a little underwhelming. I have an X and nothing I have seen so far would tempt me to lay out £1000 on a new one. I might be tempted by USB C or game changing camera (with a mind blowing optical zoom); but that is not what is likely. For the first time ever I may keep a phone for 3 years!

Also I have a 12" MB which I love; no need to upgrade that as everything is bigger and noisier. I'll wait for the ARM chips one.

Soldato
I’ll be interested to see what they bring out for the new watch. If there are some big new features I may move from my 3.

Unless Apple have managed to keep a 5g iPhone a huge secret then I will likely skip this generation.

Soldato
Could be tempted by a refreshed iPad Pro this year. I tried the current 11" Pro a few months ago at the Apple Store and thought it was brilliant with the Pro Motion display, made using my current Air 2 feel horrible for while afterwards.

Still using my iPhone X and Series 2 Apple Watch very happily. The only other thing I'm waiting on that could open my wallet is significant redesign and upgrade to the iMac.

Soldato
Thinking the ipad pro will be on a 2 year refresh cycle, the os still hasn't caught up with the hardware. Really in the market for one but going to wait til September just in case. If no refresh I will buy, use for a year then sell on when refreshed I think.

Also on an iphone x and really can't see any need to be changing anytime soon other than battery health starting to reduce.

Back
Top Bottom