Gang of 12 'allegedly' rape British Citizen in Cyprus

Man of Honour
Its a horrible place to be honest.
The case gained quite a bit of traction on the news though and public opinion matters a lot in these parts. They don't want tourists feeling unsafe at all costs. Chances are someone will get charged eventually no matter what. If evidence comes up though that it was indeed a gang rape then I would say hang them.

Cyprus abolished the death penalty in April 2002.

Associate
Its just what I've observed british people love being cynical about things as long as it doesn't concern their country or their personal interests and feelings.

I doubt you've ever stepped foot on British soil as we are the most cynical nation on earth about our own country. Try and get a British person (outside of London) to brag about how well they are doing in life, it won't happen.

Caporegime
I doubt you've ever stepped foot on British soil as we are the most cynical nation on earth about our own country. Try and get a British person (outside of London) to brag about how well they are doing in life, it won't happen.

If he has gotten his opinion of Brits from tourists to Cyprus and this forum then it's pretty understandable, to some degree.

Soldato
You're kidding right? Northerners who 'make it' are notoriously peacocky about it, just have a look in the motors forum here! Harry Enfield even created a Brummie (yes, this is northern) character based on this.

Soldato
They will get off with it 100% as South Cyprus has close links with Israel and will do whatever it takes to please them hence why that diplomat is there and maybe one of the parents has power back home also.

Ayia Napa is not the best place for a woman to be alone or under the influence of drink or drugs as these opportunist guys will and do take advantage.

Last time i was there was in 2008 some guy brazenly rode his bike up to a woman in the street laid her on the floor and raped her and then got up and rode off on his bike and left her laying there like she was an animal.By the time i realized what he had done i wanted to throw up.
I've had some great times there but like a lot of popular destinations it can be quite dangerous, especially for women. My brother had his drink spiked and was out of it. My mates and I had to carry him back to the hotel and it took him a couple days to recover.
It is quite popular with Israelis as we became freindly with a few when we were there.

Associate
You're kidding right? Northerners who 'make it' are notoriously peacocky about it, just have a look in the motors forum here! Harry Enfield even created a Brummie (yes, this is northern) character based on this.

As soon as you call a Brummie a Northerner then I can question the validity of your opinion.

Caporegime
Well well well. Didn't see that coming. I wouldn't be surprised if she was drunk, decided to have a gang bang, woke up sober feeling dirty, and then somehow convinced herself that she was taken advantage of and if it was a rape, she wouldn't feel so bad about herself.

Soldato
Allegedly. Judging by her age, how british girls behave on holiday, the recent epidemic of false accusations etc. I doubt the validity of her claim.

Remember all it takes is a woman regretting having sex with you the next morning and you're suddenly in handcuffs.

Yikes,

Well this post has aged well.

Considering how viciously some people attacked you for that opinion it seems you were right....I only called you out for saying we can't go the other way too far and just not believe anyone.

But a part of me also secretly had my doubts......well there we are.

NOW THERE LIES THE BIGGEST PROBLEM. Women can and do lie. It happens and frankly its repulsive because it puts legitimate victims of rape under unnecessary scrutiny/ruins the lives of innocent men..... She needs to face prison tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yikes,

Considering how viciously some people attacked you for that opinion it seems you were right....I only called you out for saying we can't go the other way too far and just not believe anyone.

NOW THERE LIES THE BIGGEST PROBLEM. Women can and do lie. It happens and frankly its repulsive because it puts legitimate victims of rape under unnecessary scrutiny/ruins the lives of innocent men..... She needs to face prison tbh.

Exactly. Needs to face prison, needs to be unanonymised and I think sadly we do need to think every accusation with a pinch of salt.

I've had plenty of experience from people at university who have made allegations and then retracted them and they didn't get punished (and they admitted it was born out of regret of having done something).

As much as we all like to feel sorry for the woman, I hope we have the same level of sympathy for the falsely accused who've been accused and likely had their lives ruined. I'd dread having to look my mum or father in the eye, knowing a tiny part of them thinks I raped someone.

Soldato
Yikes,

Don't worry whiteknights and beta-orbiters never win at life so I'm good with taking some flak from them.

Quite often these kind of people are only projecting their own disturbing thoughts and feelings.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Whiteknights and beta-orbiters never win at life so I'm good with taking some flak from them.
Well it’s good you can take some flak but the problem is that you portrayed it as fact, which it is now the whole story has come out.

Maybe in the future reserve your judgement till the actual facts are known then you won’t be flamed so hard.

Personally I had my doubts as well but I’d rather wait till full facts are known before making accusations.

Soldato
Well it’s good you can take some flak but the problem is that you portrayed it as fact, which it is now the whole story has come out.

Maybe in the future reserve your judgement till the actual facts are known then you won’t be flamed so hard.

Personally I had my doubts as well but I’d rather wait till full facts are known before making accusations.
Never claimed any facts. I said: "I doubt the validity of her claim." How is that a fact? That's exactly what you just said that you had doubts.

Anyway case is closed.

Soldato
I think the final sentance of the article is quite important. While it doesn't in any way excuse her actions, it's pretty messed up if the sex was filmed without her knowledge.

Police sources said the woman is suspected of filing a false complaint against the Israelis because they filmed her during the sex acts without her permission.

Caporegime
OP
Yikes,

So we shouldn't trust someone when they say they've been raped then?

Soldato
So we shouldn't trust someone when they say they've been raped then?

Where did you see me say that? you are awfully good at coming to the most ridiculous conclusions.....

"I only called you out for saying we can't go the other way too far and just not believe anyone"

If you paid attention to that part much earlier in the thread I told him we can't go too far the other way and disbelieve every woman.

Back
Top Bottom