Star Trek: Picard

Permabanned
Amazing! I hope this is good, I stopped watching discovery halfway through and I’m a massive Star Trek fan. Shame we didn’t see any Federation ships.

Soldato
Looks amazing also we have jeri ryan back to... We'll I'll leave it there.

Also means the borg are likely to be back. The trailer was just full of win

Soldato
Interesting noticeboard in the prison. And do those look like regeneration alcoves on the upper level too? Could this prison be aboard the blue Borg cube?

e9yPg3M.png

Yes it looks like a Romulan-captured Borg cube - there are Romulan ships circling the cube in that exterior shot. Also, mystery girl is on the cube in a red jump suit at one point.

On another note, both Frakes and Sirtis (Riker and Troi of course) are confirmed to appear in front of the camera.

Last edited:
Associate
Looking forward to this, trailer looks intriguing have good vibes this is going to great.. I mean it’s Picard what can possible go wrong!

.. cant be as bad as discovery surely ;)

Soldato
OP
Like Star Trek Discovery, it seems we have two running threads for this show.

Come on mods lol, can you merge the two to avoid confusion?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This looks absolutely awesome. I know many hate the borg and think it's been done to dealth, but meh, bring it on!

This facility has gone 5843 days without an assimilation

That's 16 years (did they say Picard led the armada 16 years ago in the first teaser trailer) <-- just checked, it was 15 years

Right, so that prison is at least 16 years old and has something to do with the borg. Then a year later Picard leads an armada. Interesting.

No idea who the girl is.......have the borg produced some kind of next gen cyborg perhaps? and how the hell did Romulans capture a cube (can't wait to see 24th/25th century tech)

Maybe a borg origin story ;)

Last edited:
Associate
in the clip Picard is talked about as "the man who lead the greatest rescue armada ever" a lot of people think that refers to the destruction of Romulus, But what if it was to rescue Borg drones after Janeway kill the queen Borg, as he see them still as people who can be helped and returned back into people from drones, while Strafleet see them and drones. no better than machines to be killed, hence why he leaves starfleet ?

Soldato
It is some kind of Romulan prison camp aboard a now defunct borg cube. No idea who the girl is yet, I'd be surprised if it is Lal but I havent seen the trailer properly yet as I'm in the states. Amazing seeing Jeri back and she is as beautiful as ever - she's a great person to talk to on twitter.

Agree about Data looking odd lol. What a great trailer though! The legend himself looks great and I hope they treat him and his character well in the show.

Associate
Hugh the Borg is going to be in this as well. So it seems his splinter group from TNG has something to do with the captured borg prison. Maybe the girl is a new sort of hybrid borg!

Caporegime
As soon as Picard said "Engage!" I had a big belly laugh and punched the air. That's the Star Trek I love! Although I'm now in a quandary because I barely watched any of Star Trek: Voyager and don't really know all the ins-and-outs of Seven of Nine. :(

Back
Top Bottom