Legal bods - Confusing document?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Hi guys,

Currently trying to sort out the grandparents finances due to them having half a bajillion bank accounts and all sorts of other stuff going on.

Came across this document, and it was somewhat confusing because they dont recall it, and likewise my dad doesnt.

Any idea what this means? As we arent sure why he is listed, is it that my dad purchased and now owns the freehold to the land the house is build on?

IMG_20190721_134216.jpg

IMG_20190721_134231.jpg

Don
The 2nd image seems to suggest that money was borrowed against the house in 1986 (hence why they require the person borrowing the money to maintain the property correctly), the first image suggests that the loan was paid off in 1987 and the property was released back into the borrower's full ownership.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
The 2nd image seems to suggest that money was borrowed against the house in 1986 (hence why they require the person borrowing the money to maintain the property correctly), the first image suggests that the loan was paid off in 1987 and the property was released back into the borrower's full ownership.

Ah! I didnt spot the date difference. No that makes sense now.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Hmm their money seems in very safe hands :p

Hehe,

After going through literally 4 binbags rammed with documents going back from before I was born you get a bit blind to the tiny details.

They have statements going back so far they were hand written for some of their bank accounts!!!!

Soldato
It's mental to think my first job was at HSBC 20ish years ago.

Once a week they transmitted the financials to a huge green and white paper printer in the basement of the Leicester office, we then carried the printouts upstairs and prepared the management accounts by keying it into spreadsheets.

It was the Card Processing division too, the paper from zip zap machines.....

Back
Top Bottom