New build need help

Man of Honour
As stated near 4K if possible mate.
again, it isn't possible at that price point. if you want 4k you'll have to turn the settings down - making 4k pointless.

Looking an AMD with a maybe 2080 super?
if you want a 2080 super - it makes your budget even more ludicrous.
ryzen 3700x = £320
2080 super = probably £675-700

you're not going to cram the rest of the build including peripherals into £300.

as i said, you're better off lowering your expectations. 1440p high refresh rate gaming for that budget is doable.

Soldato
Agree with @tamzzy - 1440p is a more realistic expectation and to be honest, with your budget, it'll look better. Then you can look at a 2070 instead. The quality will still be really good and you won't be scrimping on the rest of the build to bring it in at budget :)

calling @orbitalwalsh or @Plec - if anyone can get a decent spec for you, it's these two :)

Last edited:
Soldato
yup - realised that as I started spec'ing and did a ninja edit. Pointless as it turned out cos even a 2070 would be a stretch

I'm sure a decent build can be had for that budget (as you've demonstrated above) but like you've already said, it's a case of having more realistic expectations :)

Really can't see the point in 4k unless you have very deep pockets

Soldato
calling @orbitalwalsh or @Plec - if anyone can get a decent spec for you, it's these two :)
Thanks, @ExRayTed :) - and extra thanks for not mentioning @tamzzy - as he complicates builds with additional logic.

these two muppets
I always liked Animal (the drummmer).

Orbi, Fonzzie bear?

@tamzzy - clearly Gonzo - purely for looks. :D

@tamzzy gets frutsrated when he's hamstrung by one outlet (Why didn't you do the retailer jig?) You gave it a solid shot - even added a thermal nuclear blower unit :p

i challenge these two muppets to a spec-off
Not a fair challenge - Orbi, would have overspent as soon as he got distracted by the unicorn vomit in cooling and casing :D

one's an alkie and one has a new kiddo :D
Surely it's alchy(?) (alkie makes me think of alkaline solutions - Rene at least.) and i don't think Mrs Blimp has popped yet(?) - October i think is when Orbi's world becomes a literal kindergarten. :p

@tamzzy - given the OP being new, I wouldn't recommend the MSI B450 as it may require a BIO update. Unless OCUK can do it before dispatch.
Hehe - he'll be speccing a Dark Rock Pro 4 next. Wait... :D

Man of Honour
@tamzzy - clearly Gonzo - purely for looks. :D
i'll be bunsen. wears glasses. doctor. :D

@tamzzy gets frutsrated when he's hamstrung by one outlet (Why didn't you do the retailer jig?) You gave it a solid shot - even added a thermal nuclear blower unit :p
it's an okayish price. yes there's 10-20 quid to be saved, but not enough to move up a gpu or cpu class. (and other etailers may also charge shipping - negating the cheaper prices)
free shipping for the whole order with the monitor included. so pretty decent.

Surely it's alchy(?) (alkie makes me think of alkaline solutions - Rene at least.)
alchy makes me think of alchemy lol

Hehe - he'll be speccing a Dark Rock Pro 4 next. Wait... :D
only with the thermonuclear device that is the 9900k :x

Not a fair challenge - Orbi, would have overspent as soon as he got distracted by the unicorn vomit in cooling and casing :D
£1300...then £1400...then £2500...
:)

Soldato
i'll be beaker
Fixed for you. :D

alchy makes me think of alchemy lol
I'd prefer that flaw if i was to pick one.

Although, i would miss my malts...

only with the thermonuclear device that is the 9900k :x
If i remember correctly he became very proficient at removing it thanks to our 'prowess' at persuading him to take it on and off, repeatedly, while troubleshooting... (poor sod)

Don't bring wiki into this - stick to Urban Dictionary, covers both our butts for made up abbreviations. But do prefer alchies for the plural...

How did this become an etymology debate?

Man of Honour
If i remember correctly he became very proficient at removing it thanks to our 'prowess' at persuading him to take it on and off, repeatedly, while troubleshooting... (poor sod)
true. could've probably got a job at ocuk by the end of the week as systems integrator...LOOOOOL

Don't bring wiki into this - stick to Urban Dictionary, covers both our butts for made up abbreviations. But do prefer alchies for the plural...
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=alkie

How did this become an etymology debate?
*points as you*

Associate
OP
I can increase budget, was just going buy the graphics card tomorrow was looking at the super 2080 i think for £800 then rest build weekly as i get paid weekly.. Unless you can suggest a better card just as good.

4K and VR down the line if possible i know its mostly down to the the monitor etc but have 4K tv that can use lol. Just need a build that will have no issues running most games at the highest graphical detail. Just don't want to buy something which will struggle. Again thank you everyone

Back
Top Bottom