Star Trek: Picard

Soldato
Great news, I have an original full size Star Trek Pinball machine featuring Picard on the back box

2l6kbk.jpg

Commissario
Imagine if older Wesley makes an appearance in front of Picard. I'd die of laughter if those immortal words were mentioned.
What words?

Although I'm now in a quandary because I barely watched any of Star Trek: Voyager and don't really know all the ins-and-outs of Seven of Nine. :(
Same and I really can’t be bothered to go through and watch the whole series.

Caporegime
7 of 9 was a decent character. how she turned out 20 years later will be interesting. Extremely "human" it looks like. Which is nice :p
I look back at voyager now and yes after a cliche start and Neelix, lol. It really got good and challenged the Star trek philosophy and ideals.

As for Patrick Stewart, damn i feel so sad seeing him now. Same as in Logan. I dont think hes going to be gracing our TV screens for much longer. Which is utterly tragic.

Borg storyline. Well thats ok. It looks just fine. Happy to see how it turns out. Growing up with TNNG, DS9, Voyager, this seems more like "My Star trek"

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I don't understand the winking smiley? Can you explain?

Probably related to the problem of Discovery not being all that good.

Prettily shot, undoubtedly. Plenty of funds for making it, unquestionably. Consistently well-written? Nooooooooooope. Acting by the main cast any good? Noooooooooooooope. Continuity with the rest of the pre-established universe?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.

With "Picard", the showrunners aren't as bound by continuity because they've set the show much later. So they can now tell stories that don't have to end "and then they were all forgotten about, because some admiral ordered it"...

Caporegime
He'll need plenty of makeup unless the story includes android aging :p

Surprised they can't do much to "de-age" him considering it's been used in a few movies as of late. Might not have the budget to make use of that technique or maybe the face paint makes it harder to do? That short clip of him just looked weird, like the mouth was too small or the cheeks too puffed out.

Could also be we've not really seen Brent Spiner as Data filmed in proper HD/4K or whatever res they're filming it in, so maybe stuff just stands out more than it did in TNG and the movies. The eyes for example looked much more elaborate than they have in the past.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, to everyone who was defending the mostly-unmitigated disaster that was the first two seasons of STD as if their lives depended on it...THIS IS HOW YOU DO TREK IN THE MODERN AGE :D
Let's not knock off discovery just yet. TNG took two seasons to get good and STD has some good plot devices.

But this looks great and it seems like a good vessel for bringing back loads of characters from TNG even if it's just for a cameo .

Soldato
Voyager was my first star trek I followed fully start to end, to me it's great and loved it.

I attempted deep space nine but my god I just hated it, this however looks great.

Ive enjoyed discovery too ill probably get slapped now haha :p

Man of Honour
Voyager was my first star trek I followed fully start to end, to me it's great and loved it.

I attempted deep space nine but my god I just hated it, this however looks great.

Ive enjoyed discovery too ill probably get slapped now haha :p

Discovery season 2 got real good. You aren’t alone.

DS9 was often quite slow.

Back
Top Bottom