Overwatch

Associate
I'm really looking forward to the new changes. Feel there will be even more balancing of certain heroes in the near future though to make them less niche or too OP in the 2-2-2 environment. And the Rein buff is an absolute god send.

Soldato
2 2 2 Role lock
Role Queue
3 separate SRs for each of the roles.

Think this will be good for the game. No more solo healing or tanking for me.

It only took them 4 years (or is it 3? or 5?) to do the obvious thing everyone has been telling them to do since season 2... If it works and attracts enough people back to the game to allow for a proper pool of players again then I'm all for it, but I do fear it may be too little too late. Most people I know who used to play it all the time uninstalled it ages ago now

Associate
It only took them 4 years (or is it 3? or 5?) to do the obvious thing everyone has been telling them to do since season 2... If it works and attracts enough people back to the game to allow for a proper pool of players again then I'm all for it, but I do fear it may be too little too late. Most people I know who used to play it all the time uninstalled it ages ago now

We will just have to wait and see what happens when the changes hit live.

Associate
I might install the game again to see how the role queue works. Can't say I'll stick to it after trying it, but it was about time they added that.

Permabanned

It felt like a 2-2-2 game but in reality the kids made it 1-1-4 with Mc Cree Widow etc. And having all thier ULTs always going off damm it was good and it sucked at the same time. When these people always got play of the game also with a fan the hammer i said enough was enough. That must be a good 9 months ago that they did nothing.

Associate
I downloaded the PTR Friday and did the 5 tank placements. Really like the new system so far in at least you get 6 players playing the role they want and can form a decent team comp. Games seemed better balanced too.

Soldato
A little odd, as you could do this for ages now with LFG... It does make it easier I guess, solo queuing, but in your chosen role. Do we get a different SR for each role now? That will be interesting.

Soldato
Yes, you get a SR rating for each role.

A little odd, as you could do this for ages now with LFG... It does make it easier I guess, solo queuing, but in your chosen role. Do we get a different SR for each role now? That will be interesting.

yeah - that's the whole point - Each role you will have a separate SR. That way you can see what you need to improve on/play your best etc. So it's an "improved" version of the LFG

Associate
For example I'm a high plat tank player but say my DPS SR is Silver then in the LFG system I could join your team as DPS and sandbag the team. With the new system I will queue as DPS at the appropriate SR.

Soldato
Yeah, of course I get that. I'm sure I've argued in here with those that say things are fixed about how you could end up with a pretty bad team that really should have an SR of 1800 as everyone is playing out of position, even though the actual team SR might be 2300, hence you get humped.

Soldato
Only downside I see is that as a tank - you'll probably get a quicker game/less wait time as there is generally less tanks around. DPS and healers will probably have a longer wait for a game

Associate
Only downside I see is that as a tank - you'll probably get a quicker game/less wait time as there is generally less tanks around. DPS and healers will probably have a longer wait for a game

Correct. On the PTR on Friday night queue times were DPS >10mins, Tanks <5 mins, Support <10 mins.

I queued as tank and it took <1 min. But that is the PTR though where player numbers are lower and the match maker was having a bit of a fit at times. I got partnered with a GM tank player.

Back
Top Bottom