The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
what is it with women, we are splitting again, been here before 3 years ago. i moved out then got a brand new house, then after a few weeks she worked her way back into me, we have 3 children so i did she moved in with me #.

That's where you went wrong. You shouldn't of let her move in to your new house. Let her stay where she was and let it be 50/50 with the kids.

You raised yourself into a good situation only to be dragged down again, some women will never be happy no matter what you do.

Never leave your own home!

Permabanned
That's where you went wrong. You shouldn't of let her move in to your new house. Let her stay where she was and let it be 50/50 with the kids.

You raised yourself into a good situation only to be dragged down again, some women will never be happy no matter what you do.

Never leave your own home!

right ok the house we are in now is interest only, tbh i just want out but not being forced out.
we cant stand each other.
so with it being interest only leaving her with the house does not matter.

at least the kids can stay stable that way.

Man of Honour
right ok the house we are in now is interest only, tbh i just want out but not being forced out.
we cant stand each other.
so with it being interest only leaving her with the house does not matter.

at least the kids can stay stable that way.
1) If your name is on the mortgage then you will still be liable to pay back the mortgage at the end of the term.

2) You are walking away from any potential calital gains.

3) If your name is on the mortgage then you might find it hard to get another house.

Tread carefully. Seek proper advice. Do not move out until you have that advice.

Permabanned
sorry this is the story.

we have a house on interest only, the wife and her dad are on the mortgage but not me.
we split, i moved out a few years ago and started renting a brand new house, she then wormed her way back to me and then moved into the house i was renting, we then rented out the house in her and her dads name the one on interest only.

then we moved back to the interest only house which is where we are now.

Permabanned
well friday i move out, hardest part is leaving the kids again but what can i do.

will not let her back into my life again, oh and will never ever marry again.
40 now and having to start all over. grrrrrrr.

Soldato
well friday i move out, hardest part is leaving the kids again but what can i do.

will not let her back into my life again, oh and will never ever marry again.
40 now and having to start all over. grrrrrrr.

Dont worry about it, you got out while still young. My friends parents are getting divorced in their 60's :eek: I thought they be too old for that.

Associate
I have just come out of a 18 year relationship because it got mentally and physically abusive I'm not the person I use to be, lost so much weight now I'm 8 stone, my ex is making it very hard to see my daughter she is 18 but I'm not allowed to go over to see her. I'm a right mess.

Associate
I need lots of Man Hugs, Yea my daughter wants to see me and she has but my ex is making it difficult because I had to move out of the area it's hard to see my daughter as its costing me a lot in fuel, I would be happy seeing her in her home and just staying in her bedroom, I have been acting great towards my ex but nothing I do is right. For example my ex has a old bed base to get rid off it's just been left in the back yard it won't fit in her friend's car so I said to my daughter I will come over and chop it up and put it in my car, My ex phones me up shouting at me saying I'm going over there to make a mess, I'm doing her a favour by getting rid of it but she doesn't see it like that she sees it as doing me a favour by letting me come over. She would like it if my daughter didn't want to see me she had previously told lots of people my daughter didn't want to be around me, I don't think she likes it that my daughter wants to see me a lot.

Associate
Your daughter is 18, so surely can make her own decisions regarding whether to see you or not? I appreciate your ex can make life difficult in terms of seeing your daughter in the house that your ex lives in, but otherwise I'm sure something can be sorted out. At 18 I was out of the house as much as possible!

Associate
You are right she can make her own decisions but it's not fair on my daughter she has had her own problems with a eating disorder, My daughter obviously would like me to come over to see her.

It's early days my ex may feel differently later on.

Soldato
You are right she can make her own decisions but it's not fair on my daughter she has had her own problems with a eating disorder, My daughter obviously would like me to come over to see her.

It's early days my ex may feel differently later on.

Can't you arrange to meet your daughter at a local Starbucks etc? Or pick her up at the front of the house or down the street etc and go somewhere else? You don't need to meet inside the house.

Associate
Hello all

Just thought I'd post here to see if I can get some help or whatever.

Been suffering from depression for many years now and I got diagonised with borderline personality disorder a few years ago.

Anyway long story short I was seeing a girl for about 6 months and until recently it was going so good, but she recently told me that everything is going too fast and she wants to slow it down, but there is me who falls to quickly and deeply getting worried and then I am on her case constantly being obsessive etc.. I do love her and she says she loves me but I have ultimately pushed her away..
Now she has ended it and said she wants to see how we are as friends first, but the thing is we are still doing the same stuff as we were when when was together, kissing, cuddling, sex etc... but it mostly on her terms. This is confusing the hell out of me and lately she is up and down like a yo-yo, one minute she wanna know the next she don't. Hot and cold.
She does have her own stuff to deal with right now she recently moved back to her mum and dads because her ex was abusive and hit her etc and she has moved out of her flat to get away from him, she has a daughter at 3 years old so there isn't any stability there and I think that maybe why, she is getting a lot of stress lately.

Anyway, because of my own issues and I probably ultimately pushed her to this because of my issues I am feeling extremely low again and having suicidal thoughts. (not just because of her but my depression in general, this has just made it worse) I really do love her and I know it's only been 6 months but still.. I've never met anyone who has made me feel like she has, the communication, how we get on, sex life all of it is amazing.

I don't really have anyone else to talk to about this and I don't know what else to do, I try and tell her that I'm here for her but I dunno what else to do... maybe I should just walk away because it's hurting me too much to keep chasing her. But it's so hard to walk away knowing how I feel, I just keep sobbing daily, I may sound pathetic but I feel a lot more emotions than people without mental health issues and it's really the worst feeling in this world this pain.

Thanks for reading.

Soldato
You don't need to walk away but you need to be willing to. Stop chasing her for a start, just relax, let her be the one who initiates contact, see friends, keep yourself busy. When you next hang out go home a bit earlier than you normally would. You aren't doing this to be funny or nasty, just make an excuse that you have something to do and arrange to see her the next day or later on. If she's messaging you then you have to be the one who takes longer to reply, let her reply last, etc. Be cool and things will be fine.

Soldato
Hello all

Just thought I'd post here to see if I can get some help or whatever.

Been suffering from depression for many years now and I got diagonised with borderline personality disorder a few years ago.

Anyway long story short I was seeing a girl for about 6 months and until recently it was going so good, but she recently told me that everything is going too fast and she wants to slow it down, but there is me who falls to quickly and deeply getting worried and then I am on her case constantly being obsessive etc.. I do love her and she says she loves me but I have ultimately pushed her away..
Now she has ended it and said she wants to see how we are as friends first, but the thing is we are still doing the same stuff as we were when when was together, kissing, cuddling, sex etc... but it mostly on her terms. This is confusing the hell out of me and lately she is up and down like a yo-yo, one minute she wanna know the next she don't. Hot and cold.
She does have her own stuff to deal with right now she recently moved back to her mum and dads because her ex was abusive and hit her etc and she has moved out of her flat to get away from him, she has a daughter at 3 years old so there isn't any stability there and I think that maybe why, she is getting a lot of stress lately.

Anyway, because of my own issues and I probably ultimately pushed her to this because of my issues I am feeling extremely low again and having suicidal thoughts. (not just because of her but my depression in general, this has just made it worse) I really do love her and I know it's only been 6 months but still.. I've never met anyone who has made me feel like she has, the communication, how we get on, sex life all of it is amazing.

I don't really have anyone else to talk to about this and I don't know what else to do, I try and tell her that I'm here for her but I dunno what else to do... maybe I should just walk away because it's hurting me too much to keep chasing her. But it's so hard to walk away knowing how I feel, I just keep sobbing daily, I may sound pathetic but I feel a lot more emotions than people without mental health issues and it's really the worst feeling in this world this pain.

Thanks for reading.

Next time she brings it up just tell her you agree that being friends is best, and seeing as you’re just friends you will be meeting other girls so will have to see her less

Back
Top Bottom