• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Anyone with Navi 5700x and The Division 2 plus 1440p can you run Ultra preset please, with under Video options DX12 enabled and Lower latency setting.

The Navi GPU can be undervolted.

Would be a plus if you had i7 8700k at 4.7 all cores :D

Thanks in advanced.

Soldato
Not only that, but the card is 4 slots high and passively cooled by extreme through-draft!

xh6SzjJ.png

This is what a blower card could be if manufacturers got off their ass.

4.5 slots thick, extends above the PCB, enormous surface area, much mass and a great big fan (not pictured) to shove a ton of air through without noisy RPM.

Soldato

4.5 slots thick, extends above the PCB, enormous surface area, much mass and a great big fan (not pictured) to shove a ton of air through without noisy RPM.

What about the weight though? Assuming most of that is a heatsink - it could way over 2kg...

Soldato

It won't work. First of all needs airflow or air con. Second cost, size and weight. This is for vertical installation not horizontal.

Soldato

If this is Navi 2.0 on console I really have to wonder what Navi 2.0 will do on PC.

I know they are going for a natural look but what stands out the most is the bodies of water. It looks so real.

Some of this does look ray traced. Or, that's one heck of a game engine.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Apart from a few new posters or recently reappeared posters I wouldn't say they're gaining mind share at all.
It's still the same people with the same positive spin and the same people on the other side lol.

Reviews were all over the place in tone and ire directed at the blower.

I've personally recommend the 5700XT to two people in the real world however

Soldato
You know that was probably running off a 2080ti PC right
Hmm, I do wonder why this wasn't a PC video as the original was.
But from the ramblings out there MS/Sony have had the Navi hardware now for several months. From what I've recall about last gen was that they put the console hardware in an actual PC case before the final design. I assume that's the same with this next gen HW, in a PC case. But no...no 2080ti I'm afraid. :p

Back
Top Bottom