*** Marvel Phase 4 Official Thread! ***

Soldato
My initial reaction to seeing the list was meh as there is very few of what are now considered the 'big' names. However on a second viewing I am quite looking forward to most of these. The sequels are for films I enjoyed the earlier ones of; Dr Stange, Thor (Ragnorok mostly), Black Panther, GotG. Characters that I don't think we saw enough of in the main movies; Loki, Haweye and Winter Soldier. Remakes (relaunches?) of characters I like in Blade and Fantastic 4 or the movie introduction to characters I like with the Eternals.

I'm not so sure about Black Widow or Hawkeye. I assume End Game spoilers are safe these days so with Natasha being dead it seems an odd time to give her a stand alone release. Hawkeye - I've never been a big fan of Hawkeye and as by end game he had become Ronin, similar to Black Widow, it seems an odd time for the release.

Though saying all that, it all depend on the trailers and how good (or bad) they make each film / show look.

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
The only saving grace so far for me from this "current phase 4" is Fantastic four for the 3rd time now is getting a reboot..hopefully it will get better treatment than Fox.
Maybe they will tie Fantastic four with Spiderman as Fantastic Four is present in Spiderman comics too?

Fantastic Four wont be till Phase 5, along with Blade. So we've got at least a 3 year wait till we see some FF or X-men goodness.

The Phase 4 announcements are be bit underwhelming to be honest, plus too much Disney+. Only Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with them claiming it will be their first "horror" style movie, sounding like it might try and break out of the now overdone generic Marvel formula.

Associate
Fantastic Four wont be till Phase 5, along with Blade. So we've got at least a 3 year wait till we see some FF or X-men goodness.

The Phase 4 announcements are be bit underwhelming to be honest, plus too much Disney+. Only Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with them claiming it will be their first "horror" style movie, sounding like it might try and break out of the now overdone generic Marvel formula.
Well if thats the case then Phase 4 is mainly Disney trying to shove their streaming service down people throats then.
But regardless I'll probably go see lot of these movies for now, may not go watch Thor though depending on the trailers.

Soldato
I had a mate raging on bookface yesterday as he didn't know who Mahershala Ali was for the Blade casting and as such, he wants Snipes back in the role.

Cue me and another friend telling him how good an actor Ali is but he was having none of it. Finally resorted to saying he hasn't got the build to play the role and it's joke casting.

Caporegime
Snipes was awesome, it's going to be big shoes to fill but I loved Ali in Luke Cage (he was almost the only good thing about that season) excited to see what he brings to the role and how they adapt Blade to fit into the MCU from the previous standalone films.

Soldato
Snipes was awesome, it's going to be big shoes to fill but I loved Ali in Luke Cage (he was almost the only good thing about that season) excited to see what he brings to the role and how they adapt Blade to fit into the MCU from the previous standalone films.

He was essentially the only good thing in LC, once we has out it fell on it's ass quickly.

Soldato
I had a mate raging on bookface yesterday as he didn't know who Mahershala Ali was for the Blade casting and as such, he wants Snipes back in the role.

Cue me and another friend telling him how good an actor Ali is but he was having none of it. Finally resorted to saying he hasn't got the build to play the role and it's joke casting.

Blade is in safe hands with Mahershala Ali. First time I saw him was in the TV show, the 4400 and he was really good. Can see him playing the blade role really well, well......Marvels version of blade!

Soldato
I must have missed the announcement that he was going to be Blade. I can understand some peoples reservation's about a new Blade though as Snipes was Blade (in a similar way that Jackman is Wolverine for example). It isn't anything specifically against Mahershala Ali, it is just the fact that it isn't Wesley Snipes. Though Blade is much older than Wolverine so I do think it is easier to replace the actor. Especially so when they have picked such a good one. Like you I know him first from the 4400 but the few things I've seen him in since, he has been brilliant in.

Soldato
Who is directing the Blade movie? If it's Taika Waititi then perhaps he'll get Snipes in for a cameo, he was in What We Do In The Shadows as Blade after all. That whole Vampire Council scene was bloody hilarious too.

Soldato
Blade is in safe hands with Mahershala Ali. First time I saw him was in the TV show, the 4400 and he was really good. Can see him playing the blade role really well, well......Marvels version of blade!

I first noticed him in House Of Cards, he's been excellent in everything i've seen him in since.

Soldato
Very underwhelmed would about sum it up for me!

Let's face it, it was never going to carry on at the heights/intensity of Infinity War and Endgame and they need time to build to a new "universe event/bad guy" but nothing in the announced lineup interests me nearly as much as the original films!

Let's hope the new storylines can make up for the loss of the "A-Listers"

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
When Marvel started Churning out movies, who (other than comic book fans) had really heard of Thor, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-man etc?

I'm pretty sure Thor and Captain America would have been just as well known superhero's as Spider-man and the Hulk (unless you knew absolutely nothing about the genre at all). Definitely not as obscure as Guardians of the Galaxy. If anything it's Iron-man who was the under-dog character that really came into the light from the start of the MCU.

PayDay Lover
Associate
When Marvel started Churning out movies, who (other than comic book fans) had really heard of Thor, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-man etc?

Pretty sure everyone knows of Thor and Captain America. The right question would be, aside from die hard fans, who actually gave a crap about them? :)

Associate
I've said it in my previous post that how many have actually heard of the characters before the movies. The only ones that would have heard of these characters are kids(now adults) from the 80-90s but the 2000s era kids? They would have only heard of Spiderman before the MCU films and Batman for DC.
The 80s-90s we had shows on TV like Spiderman(introduced Captain America and other comic-book story), X-men, Fantastic four, Hulk and Iron-Man.
Comic-books were probably easier to acquire back then it is now which you will only find them in dedicated comic-book stores.
80s- early 2000s We had loads of Marvel games released compared to now in the late 2000 we only have Spiderman and marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Ask a casual you ask them their favourite DC character most will probably only heard of Batman and the same could be said of Spiderman for Marvel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom