Anyone else find Social Media Visually Cluttered?

Soldato
I even find discourse and the new reddit unpleasant to look at , maybe i'm just too used to the old layout of Vbulletin style forums.

I hate Discourse, the plex forum changed to it and now you can't find anything. Considering the only way to get any sort of support is through their forums I suspect they've done it on purpose to spread out the moaning. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I need to know the answer to the OP's question as well.

I go to FB > Home and it shows a combination of everyone's FB pages. That's pages of friends and family, plus any groups and 'liked' pages that I'm a member of. What confuses me is that they're not in chronological order and sometimes I see the same post 2 or 3 time in a single scrolling session. I would prefer it if it was like YouTube subscriptions where everything is in order, and then anything that I have read or watched will show a different hyperlink colour to say that I've already seen it.

2nd question is how do you add 'liked' pages to the left hand side shortcuts? I can add groups there, but it seems idiotic that I can't add the liked pages there as there seems to be very little difference between a group and a liked page. In order to go to my liked pages, I have to go to my own page, then go to 'about' then I have to scroll down several pages until I find my liked section.

1AObI6r.png

I use facebook purity add-in for chrome/edge to get my newsfeed to stay on most recent posts. yours is locked (deliberately by FB) on top stories for maximum clicks.

Soldato
OP
I'm getting confused between Discourse and Discord.

Is Discourse the annoying BBS software that keeps asking you to scroll down for more replies and Discord the gaming chat software that looks like a box of crayons?

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm getting confused between Discourse and Discord.

Is Discourse the annoying BBS software that keeps asking you to scroll down for more replies and Discord the gaming chat software that looks like a box of crayons?

Yeah.

Soldato
OP

Discord chat is the one i've avoided for all the horrid looking colours and no reason to use it , Discourse BBS is hard to avoid as a lot of support sites now use it but i find it annoying.

Back
Top Bottom