• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Soldato
No such thing as 10k stores that sell relatively niche stuff like a 3900X.

We are talking worldwide. My local computer shop got some in. Not many like 20 units but it's not like only big etailers are getting them. They are just more recognised.

In Japan hundreds of stores got them with people queueing outside for hours prior to launch to get them. There are over 4000 cities in America so if only 1 store in each city got some then that's 40% of my statement there. Of course it's more like there are 2-3 stores in each city dividing up say 200 units. But the premise stands.

Soldato
I expect OCUK was the biggest seller of the chips in the UK tho, so not all retailers are equal in that respect. Granted clearly more than 10 have been made tho :) but not 2 million.

OcUK Staff
The distributor who was expecting stock on 17th, did not arrive, AMD are telling them next week now, as such 3900X looks now to be sometime next week, the supplier is working on trying to get a more firm accurate date but as already witnessed firm dates for AMD CPU deliveries do not really exist, as such just expect sometime next week on 3900X.

Soldato
I expect OCUK was the biggest seller of the chips in the UK tho, so not all retailers are equal in that respect. Granted clearly more than 10 have been made tho :) but not 2 million.

Indeed, was being a little bit devils advocate from your 10 I guess :) but still on launch a few hundred thousand even is a large number if you break down really how many are sold quarterly, daily etc overall from the likes of AMD or Intel.

There also some much bigger markets such as Asia for AMD where I think they had huge amount of stock compared to Europe allocated.

Associate
The distributor who was expecting stock on 17th, did not arrive, AMD are telling them next week now, as such 3900X looks now to be sometime next week, the supplier is working on trying to get a more firm accurate date but as already witnessed firm dates for AMD CPU deliveries do not really exist, as such just expect sometime next week on 3900X.
Absolutely gutted lol, the one time I didnt pre order or buy on day 1 (as Ive swore of such things) and the part turns out to be what we all wanted and boom this happens lol.

I've spent £3k and havent seen anything of it except what i ordered from EKWB, Im tempted to either cancel it and wait for 3950X or just get the delivery split so I can start doing all my WC bends etc... for when it does arrive.

Damn you AMD!!!! (Lol)

Soldato

I’m not sure of the shops supply chain, but OCUK are owned by a German firm so supply is very likely sent to a central location and divided between casekings operations.

OcUK Staff
I’m not sure of the shops supply chain, but OCUK are owned by a German firm so supply is very likely sent to a central location and divided between casekings operations.

Not the case on this we operate independently of each other, it is something we are trying to get more and more companies to do to treat us as one huge entity but so many manufacturers are stuck to their roots of having local agents deal with each region.

Associate
I tell you, this CPU better be worth because this has put me off ordering AMD ever again lol I've spent all this money and I cant even get the delivery split off because Ive paid through paypal, which is annoying af, Im inches away from cancelling the whole thing and sacking it off, only problem Ive got then is all the EKWB stuff ive bought and opened.

Caporegime
I tell you, this CPU better be worth because this has put me off ordering AMD ever again lol I've spent all this money and I cant even get the delivery split off because Ive paid through paypal, which is annoying af, Im inches away from cancelling the whole thing and sacking it off, only problem Ive got then is all the EKWB stuff ive bought and opened.
It is worth the wait. Trust me on that one ;)

TrM

TrM

Associate
It is worth the wait. Trust me on that one ;)

It is definitely worth the wait:) I love mine although not had much lick with motherboards though msi one was just dam right strange behaving and very unstable ASRock tachai turned off and wouldn’t boot up again with a 00 erotic code and now I’m on a asus Crosshair 8 hero and not had any since

Caporegime
It is definitely worth the wait:) I love mine although not had much lick with motherboards though msi one was just dam right strange behaving and very unstable ASRock tachai turned off and wouldn’t boot up again with a 00 erotic code and now I’m on a asus Crosshair 8 hero and not had any since
Funnily enough, I’ve literally just had another GB ultra delivered, after my first one died.

Associate
Ive order the GB Master, Im just damn right annoyed having to wait basically a month now just for the CPU .... IF.... it even shows up next week. I booked time off and cancelled it and I really need a break from work so its just annoying me to no end, never really had this problem before....

Urgh guess I just gotta be patieny and remember to never use paypal again if i wanna split orders lol

Permabanned
Not the case on this we operate independently of each other, it is something we are trying to get more and more companies to do to treat us as one huge entity but so many manufacturers are stuck to their roots of having local agents deal with each region.
Thats why we can have some extra deals :)

Soldato

Cancel the order, get refunded, place new order?

Soldato
Funnily enough, I’ve literally just had another GB ultra delivered, after my first one died.

Were these X570 mobos? I've gone the cheap route on X570 with AsROCK phantom gaming 4. Maybe less stuff on it to cause issues...maybe :eek:

Soldato

as mentioned a few posts above, cancel and wait for stock to arrive. waiting for pre-orders that are of unknown delivery date will only give you an ulcer. :p

TrM

TrM

Associate
Were these X570 mobos? I've gone the cheap route on X570 with AsROCK phantom gaming 4. Maybe less stuff on it to cause issues...maybe :eek:

Yea msi X570 ace was first and whilst I really liked the motherboard the bios had a lot of strange issues spoke to msi and they said between 23 and 30th for new bios and I wasn’t happy with that so I sent back. The ASRock X570 tachai was a really good motherboard but whilst playing Witcher 3 the pc turned off and couldn’t get past the 00 code the internet said it has to do with cpu but also could mean dead Mobo so I got worried about that but ordered the ASU’s rog Crosshair 8 and it come 2 days ago no issues since I think I got unlucky with the Mobo I had but part from those problems the 3900x has been well worth it

Soldato
as mentioned a few posts above, cancel and wait for stock to arrive. waiting for pre-orders that are of unknown delivery date will only give you an ulcer. :p

How very annoying. I still use a credit card as protection as I read somewhere the other day the Paypal protection only lasts for so many days. 180 I think, maybe less. Order again and refuse delivery for the one that turns up 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom