What are your favourite screwdrivers?

Associate
I'm in the market for some new screwdrivers and don't know what to get.
  • Precision drivers - mostly for kid's toys
  • PH2 driver - for working on computers
  • Ratcheted multi driver - for most jobs
For the precision drivers, I know that the Wera Kraftform Micro 12 Universal 1 Screwdriver Set is great but £36 is a bit much. I'm looking at the Draper 28118 Precision Screwdriver Set (12 Pieces) for £6.99.

For the PH2 driver I've heard that the Stanley Fatmax FMHT0-62622 PH2 X 125mm for £6.88 but there are loads of options in that price range.

I'm more stumped on the multi driver. I have a Stanley 29704378 Screwdriver with 20 Bits but it feels pretty cheap and I would like to upgrade.

Soldato
Yep, the magnet is nowhere near strong enough to cause damage. I got a driver with a heatsink once, so even the computer parts companies must think it's fine.

Also no need for the 'lol', this is H&G not GD.

Associate
OP
I got this a few years ago from B&Q and i'm a fan, has everything you need. Although i've since lost a lot of the bits!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-0-...T7FJ11R6EQY&psc=1&refRID=9WM2D16DGT7FJ11R6EQY

For regular screwdrivers i find the Halfords Advanced ones to be good and they're often on special offer at a good price
I looked at the advanced sets. The big sets are a good deal but they don't have precision screwdrivers or the multi screwdriver I'm after.

Soldato
Yep, the magnet is nowhere near strong enough to cause damage. I got a driver with a heatsink once, so even the computer parts companies must think it's fine.

Also no need for the 'lol', this is H&G not GD.

I will have to let the quality manager at work know. All that money he wastes on ESD protection.
It's just really not good practice at all.
Use Wiha ESD ones at work, and generally replace them every couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom