The Apartheid Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I wonder how soon the Israeli authorities will "reposition" the Apartheid Wall illegally to annex more land?

I would imagine they are a little too pre occupied with the Iran threat, to worry about some of the the West's sensitivities to quarrels with their neighbour. I notice Iran haven't pratted about with any Israeli vessels.... ;)

Caporegime
Well all I really have to go on is this:

"The court also ruled unequivocally that those who built houses in the area of the security fence, knew that building in that area was prohibited, and took the law into their own hands," he added.

If that's the case it's pretty stupid to give planning permission to build homes there, unless you just want some ammunition to rile up the UK Labour party and US Democrats and other lefties. The UN aren't exactly impartial when it comes to Israel either.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Well all I really have to go on is this: . . .
That is all you CHOOSE to go on; how about this:
Israel captured the West Bank in the 1967 Middle East war and later effectively annexed East Jerusalem. Under international law, both areas are considered to be occupied territory, though Israel disputes this.
Good strategy there, deny the validity of a law; I wonder why more people don't try it?

Soldato
If that's the case it's pretty stupid to give planning permission to build homes there, unless you just want some ammunition to rile up the UK Labour party and US Democrats and other lefties. The UN aren't exactly impartial when it comes to Israel either.
We at a point now where Israel can't take any action without being slammed by some blow hard lefty type so I really doubt Israel cares what the UN thinks. If I was the Labour party I tell members to keep the gobs closed on anything relating to Israel at the moment.

Soldato
I;m confused. The Palestinians claim to be a nation. Israel builds a border wall, and that's 'apartheid'?

:confused:

Israel stole the land then bulldozed houses to built a wall.. now they are destorying more houses as it to close to the wall. Sounds like apartheid to me

Soldato
Israel stole the land then bulldozed houses to built a wall.. now they are destorying more houses as it to close to the wall. Sounds like apartheid to me

Israel was repeatedly attacked by its neighboring states, who wanted to wipe it off the map, and managed to defeat them occupying territory when it did so.

Hundred of thousand of Jews were forced to flee to Israel from the surrounding states losing their lands and lots of their possessions in the process.

If the Palestinanins want some, at least partial, resolution to their geographical grievances they might be well advised to resist being the political pawns of Israel's other enemies, remove their current terrorist leadership and get back to an internationally mediated set of talks over the establishment of a two state solution.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Is it absolutely impossible to have this kind of discussion without mentioning lefties etc.

We at a point now where Israel can't take any action without being slammed by some blow hard lefty type so I really doubt Israel cares what the UN thinks. If I was the Labour party I tell members to keep the gobs closed on anything relating to Israel at the moment.

There has to be a distinction made between criticism of certain actions taken by a state and general criticism of an ethnic group.

It's like saying anything reported about Iran's actions are anti-Islam, Islamaphobic (or even anti-shia).

Soldato
Israel was repeatedly attacked by its neighboring states, who wanted to wipe it off the map, and managed to defeat them occupying territory when it did so.

Hundred of thousand of Jews were forced to flee to Israel from the surrounding states losing their lands and lots of their possessions in the process.

If the Palestinanins want some, at least partial, resolution to their geographical grievances they might be well advised to resist being the political pawns of Israel's other enemies, remove their current terrorist leadership and get back to an internationally mediated set of talks over the establishment of a two state solution.

Which states and when did this happen ? Before of after 1948...when palastines we're killed and forced form ther lands. Right now both sides are run terriost scum bags hell bent of wiping each other off the map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom